System error: Row size too large

Posted by gwf on 01-Sep-2015 16:33

In one of my objects I have lots of text stores in text area fields, and often get the following error message when I try to save a record:

System Error

Row size too large (> 8126). Changing some columns to TEXT or BLOB or using ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC or ROW_FORMAT=COMPRESSED may help. In current row format, BLOB prefix of 768 bytes is stored inline

I'm just not sure where I can access these settings. Is it possible to store more text in records?

Thank you,

Greg

All Replies

Posted by Pradeep Kagithalagudem on 02-Sep-2015 01:05

HI Greg,

I think you have multiple text area fields in your object. If you are on private cloud,you can resolve this problem by doing some settings in mysql db conf file.

Thanks and Regards
Pradeep

[collapse]
From: gwf [mailto:bounce-gregory_whitefletchercsicom@community.progress.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 3:05 AM
To: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Rollbase] System error: Row size too large

Thread created by gwf

In one of my objects I have lots of text stores in text area fields, and often get the following error message when I try to save a record:

System Error

Row size too large (> 8126). Changing some columns to TEXT or BLOB or using ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC or ROW_FORMAT=COMPRESSED may help. In current row format, BLOB prefix of 768 bytes is stored inline

I'm just not sure where I can access these settings. Is it possible to store more text in records?

Thank you,

Greg

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by gwf on 02-Sep-2015 07:50

Thank you very much, Pradeep. I am on public cloud -- is there anything I can do?

Greg

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 03-Sep-2015 05:11

We are looking into fixing this in Public Cloud. Can you describe the scenario of getting this error.

Posted by gwf on 08-Sep-2015 12:39

I am adding content to text area fields from the opportunity edit view. When I click on save, the error message above comes up, and none of the new text I just entered is saved. Is there any other information you need? Thank you!

Greg

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 11-Sep-2015 01:03

Thank for the test case. We will be fixing this in an upcoming update to rollbase.com

Posted by gwf on 15-Sep-2015 08:26

Thank you very much!!

Posted by gwf on 26-May-2016 14:12

Any word on fixing this issue? It is becoming a big obstacle for my company's applications. Since it's a matter of database settings, not overall storage limits, it would be great if a public cloud account could have more control to avoid this issue. I have to split what should be one record in a single object into several records in multiple objects with one-to-one relationships. But then object views, etc. become impossible since the data is held across multiple objects.

Thank you,

Greg

Posted by murali on 28-May-2016 05:53

Greg,  apologise for the issue. Engineering has reproduced the issue. We are evaluating a fix with the database packet size and bin log size. I'll update you  next week on the fix schedule.

Posted by gwf on 22-Jun-2016 10:29

Hello Murali,

Thank you for looking into this. Do you have any update on the timeline for fixing the issue?

Thanks,

Greg

This thread is closed