Rollbase 4.0 Calendar - Change colour depending on a field v

Posted by charltonleesantana on 28-Aug-2015 03:32

Hi Guys, 

I am not sure if this is possible, have been looking but cant find it. Is is possible to add a colour field for calendar/event objects so for example if the status = 'Job in Progress' the colour of the calendar item could be a yellow colour and if the status = 'Job Complete' It could be a green colour.

Is this possible for use in the Rollbase calendar?
Is this possible for use in Google calendar?

It seems Rollbase does not have much functionality options for calendar control.

- I am using Rollbase 4.0

Thank you.

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 04-Sep-2015 09:14

Not yet possible. I have added to the backlog of items to investigate and prioritize.

If you have additional details on how you would like this to work, please add to this thread.

Thanks. Thierry.

PS: Tracking internally with id: Issue:PSC00340180

All Replies

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 04-Sep-2015 09:14

Not yet possible. I have added to the backlog of items to investigate and prioritize.

If you have additional details on how you would like this to work, please add to this thread.

Thanks. Thierry.

PS: Tracking internally with id: Issue:PSC00340180

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 04-Nov-2015 08:15

Charlton,

In 4.0.3 release,we provided a mechanism to let you customize the colors with some simple javascript instructions

You will need to set these in a script that executes before UI starts (as a custom header).

Here are the default values:

rb.newui.options.calendar.colors = [ '#A41CC6', '#4FBDDD', '#7979FF', '#5FFEF7', '#8ADCFF', '#74BAAC', '#86BCFF', '#7373FF', '#CA00CA', '#29AFD6', '#8DC7BB', '#FF5353', '#3DE4FC', '#33FDC0', '#4BFE78', '#DD597D' ]

};

Feel free to change them to anything else.  

Would that be enough for what you want to achieve?

Thanks. Thierry.

Posted by HosnyA on 30-May-2017 04:34

Hi Thierry,

I have been trying to achieve this as well. I see that the calendar colours can be customised as per your instructions above. However, how do I customise it based on a field in the object.

For example, I need to change the colour of the an object record based on a pick-list or a status field of an object?

I have a to-do object with statuses 'Pending', 'In Progress' and 'Complete'. How do I change the colour of the record based on the status of the to-do record?

Is this possible?

cheers,

Hosny

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 31-May-2017 16:25

This is not possible out of the box.

Of course the calendar control is available for custom programming so you can host it in a custom html page section and use client side API to access object data for the calendar data source.

Posted by HosnyA on 02-Jun-2017 12:00

Thanks Thierry.

This thread is closed