ISV Partners with multi Tenant

Posted by neetuagw on 26-Aug-2015 09:54

Hi ,

I am working on Rollbase Private Cloud.

I have created an ISV Partner User for the Published CRM Application.

On logged in to ISV account , I can create many Customers.

I want to create Customer who can only able to access CRM Application on logged in but after Logged in Customer Tenant I have got Rollbase Home nothing else..

Please suggests How could I achieve to have multi tenants using one CRM Application.

All Replies

Posted by Vasantha on 27-Aug-2015 04:20

Hello Neetu,

Please follow the below steps to create multi tenants using one CRM application.

1. Create a "New Role" in ISV account and give access to only "CRM" applicaiton under "Select Applications" column in "New Role" page.

2. Use the above created "Role Type" to create users/customers.

Do let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
Vasantha

Posted by neetuagw on 27-Aug-2015 04:35

Thanks for the response Vasantha ,

I haven't got my Licence so I am constrained to have only two User.. One is Admin and I have made another one as ISV Partner.

Whenever I have logged in as ISV Partner all I am able to create New Customers  , view Published Application and View Support Requests.

I couldn't see the any Setup Home like we have in Admin account to create another Role.

Do I need to make changes in ISV Partner Permissions or it is because I don't have License. ??

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 27-Aug-2015 04:53

Hi,

Please follow below steps:

1) Login as ISV Partner

2) Create a customer (E.g. cust1)

3) Login as above created Customer(E.g. cust1). Now you can see Setup Home

4) Install CRM app

5) Create a custom role(E.g. RoleCRM) with giving access to only CRM app

6) Move to Rollbase Application -> Users tab

7) Create a user (E.g. cust1user1) with above custom role

8) Now login as the above created user(E.g. cust1user1). Now you can see only CRM app

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by neetuagw on 27-Aug-2015 05:07

Thanks for the response Srinivas,

It worked properly.. But I don't want to follow this log process reason My plan is to have ISV partner account managing multiple Customers (more than 100) using only one CRM application.

if I go with your solution then every time I need to make a customer account and then make another Role in that Customer Account.

Well , I have achieved it via different way. I have published my Application and made it System Application in ISV Account.. I have followed this article documentation.progress.com/.../doc

Luckily Customer is getting CRM Application but still having One issue.. My Customer still getting Rollbase Application plus Setup Home which I don't my customer could access these things.

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 27-Aug-2015 05:28

You can do it in this way also without ISV account.

1) Login as Admin

2) Install CRM app

3) Create a custom role(E.g. RoleCRM) with giving access to only CRM app

4) Move to Rollbase Application -> Users tab

5) Create a user (E.g. user1) with above custom role

6) Now login as the above created user(E.g. user1). Now you can see only CRM app. This way you can create 100 users with same role. All users can access only CRM app.

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 27-Aug-2015 07:38

The apps that are installed by default are determined by default Value of Applications field in Customer object. You can login as master admin and modify the above Customer field to remove Rollbase Application and add CRM application.

Setup home will be part of every customer and cannot be removed. This can only be accessed by Administrators in a customer. So one way to handle this is for ISV Partner to create many customers with himself as First Admin using a different login and then adding end users in non-admin role only. Then they will see only CRM application

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 27-Aug-2015 08:02

Hi,

We cannot create customer without having Rollbase app.

So, we have 2 options.

First option, apps that are installed by default are determined by default Value of Applications field in Customer object. You can login as master admin and modify the above Customer field and attach CRM app along with Rollbase Application.

Now, whenever you create customer, he can see both Rollbase and CRM apps by default.

Second option, creating non-admin user inside a customer and assigning CRM app to that user role as specified above.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra.G

Posted by neetuagw on 28-Aug-2015 04:17

Thanks Anoop and Chandrasekhar for your responses .

But There is one more issue with my Application Plan..

I am planing to create customer via HTTP Requests . I hope this is achievable.

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 28-Aug-2015 04:29

Yes. Documentation is available at

documentation.progress.com/.../Rollbase

Thanks

Srinivas

This thread is closed