Force update

Posted by araqiel on 25-Aug-2015 04:27

I would like to update some applications from XML file.

The disadvantage, between two versions, many fields has removed or added and the integration name has changed. When I update an application, the changes no takes effect.
By example, the default recording hasn't inserted. The integration name of relation fields, not changed. The edited views not edited.

Is it possible to force an update, to have the same environment between dev-server and prod-server?

Posted by Vasantha on 25-Aug-2015 05:11

Hi,

I have tested with the latest versions (3.2.4,3.2.5 and 4.0) and the updates are getting reflected after installing the application xml.

Looks like an issues with older releases. So, I would suggest/request you to upgrade to latest version.

Thanks

Vasantha

All Replies

Posted by Vasantha on 25-Aug-2015 04:38

Hi,

Could you please let me know the Rollbase version?

Did you try publishing the application and push updates instead of updating from xml?

Thanks

Vasantha

Posted by araqiel on 25-Aug-2015 04:46

Hi,

My Rollbase version is 3.0.5.

The application installed by XML and update by XML.

They have two Rollbase server. One for development and one for production.

If I delete the application and object, the problem persists.

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 25-Aug-2015 05:10

When you update through XML, you should explicitly select to delete items. You should get a message on top saying

"Components that have been deleted from the version you are installing are shown at the bottom of the tree with an  icon. If checked, these components will be deleted after the update is complete. If left unchecked, these components will not be deleted". Are you seeing this ?

Posted by Vasantha on 25-Aug-2015 05:11

Hi,

I have tested with the latest versions (3.2.4,3.2.5 and 4.0) and the updates are getting reflected after installing the application xml.

Looks like an issues with older releases. So, I would suggest/request you to upgrade to latest version.

Thanks

Vasantha

Posted by araqiel on 25-Aug-2015 07:01

@Anoop: yes, this message is only for the deleted field in next release of the application.

The problem is for updated fields. Sometime the fields does not update or not applied exactly as in dev environment.

@Vasantha: Thanks. I will talk about with my manager.

This thread is closed