Rollbase 4.0 - Viewing on mobile still showing jQuery Mobile

Posted by charltonsantana1 on 25-Aug-2015 04:07

Hi Guys,

Before updating our private cloud we exported some applications and tested them with a trial account on the hosted.

Obviously the new layout is responsive, but if viewing on a mobile device it still switches to the jQuery Mobile version.

So we went ahead and turned off 'Mobile-web Enabled' - It then says 'No applications were enabled for mobile devices' ... So I go ahead and click 'Switch to browser version', it then shows the OLD version of rollbase?? - What's the point of having a responsive UI and still show the old version on a mobile... Even if this was viable, the DOM structure has changes so would need different code for mobile.

Is there any setting we have missed to make it Kendo-UI on mobile? Or has this not been implemented.

Thank you.

Posted by murali_pacific on 25-Aug-2015 13:04

The New Responsive UI is certainly the way forward for mobile/tablet web rendering for Rollbase. The scope is very broad and we're rolling out in phases. We are in planning for the next phase and at this point, I can say now that the timeframe is a few months.

All Replies

Posted by Santosh Patel on 25-Aug-2015 05:19

The shift to a modern looking application has been planned in phases and Kendo-UI has been rolled out only for Web as of now. Without doing different code for mobile,  the intention is to fine tune the responsiveness so that Rollbase NUI renders aptly for mobile devices and this will be addressed in other phases.

All code paths on the mobile currently route to the jquery mobile version or old UI browser version.

Posted by charltonsantana1 on 25-Aug-2015 05:52

Are there any dates for these phases?

Thanks

Posted by murali_pacific on 25-Aug-2015 13:04

The New Responsive UI is certainly the way forward for mobile/tablet web rendering for Rollbase. The scope is very broad and we're rolling out in phases. We are in planning for the next phase and at this point, I can say now that the timeframe is a few months.

This thread is closed