Can you dynamically change the value in a HTTP Post header?

Posted by jsniemi79 on 24-Aug-2015 09:03

I'm working with a third party on an integration with Rollbase.  On of the values that is expected to be contained in a header tag on the http post, needs to be dynamic and change depending on the user that fires the trigger.  I tried to use a Rollbase token in the value, but it appears to send the exact text I sent instead of the value form the token.

Is this possible in Rollbase or do we need to try a different direction?

Posted by Sri Harsha on 26-Aug-2015 10:35

In the HTTP Post trigger the header pairs should be direct name, value pairs. Tokens are not evaulated. Another way of achive what you are looking for is to create an object script type triiger and use the sendHttpPost() call where you can specify the header values using tokens.

Regards,

Harsha.

All Replies

Posted by Mani Kumar on 26-Aug-2015 00:16

Hi ,

Can you please help me with more information on this?

Like which token you have tried with and how you've implemented this?

Any specific test case would be much helpful.

Regards,

Mani.

Posted by jsniemi79 on 26-Aug-2015 07:52

I tried to use the email address of a related object.  I don't have it configured that way right now, but it was something like {!R452393.email}.  What was passed to the 3rd parties API was {!R452393.email}, not "jniemi@vyco.com" which is what I was hoping.

Is it possible to use any tokens as values in the HTTP Header?

Posted by Sri Harsha on 26-Aug-2015 09:09

Hii jsniemi79,

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

Is this what you are looking for ?

Regards.

Harsha.

Posted by jsniemi79 on 26-Aug-2015 09:24

Not exactly.  I'm trying to use the trigger version of send HTTP post that uses a template document.  In the screenshot below, I need the value side of the header to be able to pass in the user's email that is hitting the trigger.

Today it just passes the text when I try it.  I need to know if this is possible or if the 3rd party I am working with will need to get that dynamic value from the body of the request instead of the header.

Posted by Sri Harsha on 26-Aug-2015 10:35

In the HTTP Post trigger the header pairs should be direct name, value pairs. Tokens are not evaulated. Another way of achive what you are looking for is to create an object script type triiger and use the sendHttpPost() call where you can specify the header values using tokens.

Regards,

Harsha.

This thread is closed