Move user to Customer issue?

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 24-Aug-2015 05:15

Hi,

I am using Rollbase Private Cloud and I want to use a user that was created in the master zone in the customer zone. I have deleted the user from master zone and created it in the Customer. The loginName is important as it is used by the application.

The problem is that I cannot login anymore using that loginName. I receive an error on login that the user/password is not correct. For the Customer we use an autmatic login so the password is not relevant. Is it possible that the user with loginName still has a check for the password? Or that the loginName is still linked to the master zone?

Thank you,

Mihai

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 02-Sep-2015 04:51

I managed to reproduce the error in a test environment as well. Steps made:

1. Rename second admin loginname from master to new user loginname

2. Create a customer using ISV Partner application

3. Set Authentication type for Customer to HTTP GET

4. Test authentication with a random user from customer (apply workaround described here: community.progress.com/.../12324.aspx )

5. Delete user from master zone

6. Create user in Customer

7. Try to login with new user and with random user

I will log a support case as well to add scrrenshots from this scenario

All Replies

Posted by Vasantha on 26-Aug-2015 04:41

Hi Mihai,

Once the loginName got deleted, it will be removed from the master zone. If its not, then it will not allow to create with the same loginName.

When a new user account is created, the system automatically generates a temporary password and sends this password in a welcome email to the user. This password must be changed during the first login.

I have tried to reproduce the issue at our end, but I am able to create a user with the same loginName in the customer zone and the user successfully logged in.

Could you please provide the following details?

1. Rollbase version

2. Steps followed to create and activate the user (did u tried changing the temporary password?)

3. How you are automatically logging in? Are you using a similar link for automatic login (www.rollbase.com/.../Router)?

Thanks

Vasantha

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 01-Sep-2015 04:44

Hi Vasantha,

We are using Rollbase 3.0.2.0 private cloud. For master we are using user/password for login and for the customer zone we are using external authentication (HTTP GET). The user was created in the master zone initially and removed. We are able to create the user in the customer zone with the same loginName but when trying to login with it the system raises an error for invalid user/password.

For test we use a service that returns the same output regardless of the pasword entered so the password is not relevant in this case (as example for a rest service http://<host>:<port>/<ServiceName> and the output will be 'REST Adapter'). Login URL is http://<host>:<port>/router/servlet/Router?act=login&loginName=<loginName>&password=<password>

Thank you,

Mihai

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 01-Sep-2015 06:22

Are other users in the customer zone able to login using HTTP GET external Authentication ?

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 01-Sep-2015 06:23

Is the authentication call coming to the REST endpoint ?

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 01-Sep-2015 07:23

Hi Anoop,

Yes, all other users are able to login. The service used is REST created using mobile service from Progress Developer Studio.

Mihai

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 01-Sep-2015 08:58

Can you try REST API for this user using Basic Authentication ? Username would be loginName@custId and password is password for this user.

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 01-Sep-2015 09:30

I tried the Test External Authentication from Administration Setup/Authentication with this user and a different one and both return a Success message.

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 01-Sep-2015 12:05

Please log support case. We need screenshare session to figure this out

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 02-Sep-2015 04:51

I managed to reproduce the error in a test environment as well. Steps made:

1. Rename second admin loginname from master to new user loginname

2. Create a customer using ISV Partner application

3. Set Authentication type for Customer to HTTP GET

4. Test authentication with a random user from customer (apply workaround described here: community.progress.com/.../12324.aspx )

5. Delete user from master zone

6. Create user in Customer

7. Try to login with new user and with random user

I will log a support case as well to add scrrenshots from this scenario

This thread is closed