Why am I receiving a white screen?

Posted by anaid on 18-Aug-2015 13:31

When I edit a record and save, I get this screen below, using Internet Explorer 9 or 10. 

Posted by Vimalkumar Selvaraj on 21-Aug-2015 06:02

Hi,

From your screenshot it appears that your browser URL is pointing to Servlet which doesn't have anything to render on page. We are guessing it may be a Timeout issue . To understand further on this issue could you clarify few questions.

1) Are you seeing this issue always or intermittent ?.

2) Does this issue exist in other browsers (Chrome, FireFox) or only in IE?.  

And we need a Network trace to understand the issue. Can you press F12 and capture Network tab entries while you save.? ( Make sure you start capture the issue before you click save button).

To Capture Network statistics follow below steps

IE: Press F12, go to "Network" tab and start Capture

Other browser Press F12 and go to Network tab.

Thanks,

Vimal.

All Replies

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 18-Aug-2015 21:29

Hi,

Can you check the Document Mode value of that page?

Steps: Click on F12 and check the Browser Mode and Document Mode values.

Document mode should point to Standards (Page Default).

And, Are you getting the same issue for other objects or particular to only one object records?

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra.G

Posted by anaid on 20-Aug-2015 13:45

Hi Chandra,

On IE10 - It appears the Document Mode points to Standards but once you save and get this "white" screen it's in Quirks mode. Why is that and how can we resolve this?

Thanks!

Posted by Vimalkumar Selvaraj on 21-Aug-2015 06:02

Hi,

From your screenshot it appears that your browser URL is pointing to Servlet which doesn't have anything to render on page. We are guessing it may be a Timeout issue . To understand further on this issue could you clarify few questions.

1) Are you seeing this issue always or intermittent ?.

2) Does this issue exist in other browsers (Chrome, FireFox) or only in IE?.  

And we need a Network trace to understand the issue. Can you press F12 and capture Network tab entries while you save.? ( Make sure you start capture the issue before you click save button).

To Capture Network statistics follow below steps

IE: Press F12, go to "Network" tab and start Capture

Other browser Press F12 and go to Network tab.

Thanks,

Vimal.

Posted by solivio@daitan.com on 20-Feb-2019 17:34

Hi, I'm with this problem. Some solution?

Posted by crao on 21-Feb-2019 05:42

Hi,

Are you seeing blank page for saving record in edit/create pages? If yes, it might be because of portal login in another tab of same browser when edit/create page is already open.

We have fixed the blank page issue caused by portal login in the coming release(v5.4).

Regards,

Chandra

This thread is closed