How do I cancel a job running in a tenant?

Posted by jsniemi79 on 10-Aug-2015 13:38

I have some jobs that are queued up in a tenant that I'd like to stop.  I don't see a way to cancel them from within the tenant.

I would have thought I'd see something in my master zone, but I don't have anything under the jobs on that server.

Posted by Pradeep Kagithalagudem on 11-Aug-2015 08:55

Please look at storage server component instead of Prod 1 server you will find jobs

All Replies

Posted by Manooj Murali on 11-Aug-2015 00:56

If what you are looking for is a batch job then perhaps you should check out setup home -> Batch Jobs (under administration setup)?

Posted by jsniemi79 on 11-Aug-2015 07:30

Yes, these are batch jobs, but there is nothing in the batch job section to cancel a job that is already in progress. The jobs were set to run an import of a csv file every 30 minutes.  The file it was picking up is supposed to be relatively small, but the parameters of that file were changed and it is a really large file now.  It takes hours just to import the file a single time.  There are so many jobs backed up in the queue, it is not going to be done processing them for days.  however, I need to stop all of them and upgrade the system, but I don't want to upgrade without a backup.  I can't get a backup because of all the other processes that are currently running.  I need to know how to cancel the one that is running as well as remove all the queued up records shown below.

Posted by Pradeep Kagithalagudem on 11-Aug-2015 07:50

Hi,

For Import Job you can check Storage Component from System Console app. It will have job section which shows currently running jobs and option to cancel the job.

If the job is not currently running, you can find that job in queue.

Administration Setup -> Batch Jobs -> Queue, Delete the jobs which you don’t want to run.

Thanks and Regards
Pradeep

[collapse]
[...]

Posted by jsniemi79 on 11-Aug-2015 08:03

That will only stop my future jobs from being run.  I've already had numerous jobs that at one point were in that queue, but have not been removed from that queue and are waiting for the other jobs to finish in order to run.  If you look at my previous screenshot, you can see that this is the system job listing showing what is currently in the queue to be run.  If you look at this screenshot, it is what is in the queue under the batch jobs.  Notice, it is only the next run for each batch job vs the precious one which are all older jobs that have been waiting in the queue to run.

Posted by jsniemi79 on 11-Aug-2015 08:07

One of my tech guys thinks he used to be able to cancel tenant level jobs from the master zone.  When I look at the details on the production server, there is a jobs section at the bottom, but it doesn't have any details showing.  It looks like it might be missing it's list view.  Is that the case?  I believe it is the serverdetails.jsp. The log file shows all the system jobs that have been run for all tenants on the server, so it seems like it is the right place.

Posted by Pradeep Kagithalagudem on 11-Aug-2015 08:55

Please look at storage server component instead of Prod 1 server you will find jobs

Posted by jsniemi79 on 11-Aug-2015 09:53

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks Pradeep.

This thread is closed