API limitation for portal user login in a mobile application

Posted by ithrees on 07-Aug-2015 00:15

Hi All,

I have a mobile app uses portal user login and JSDO generated services to access data in the server. This app is mainly used to update the geo code tracking information for every 30 seconds.

When I run this app to test, it stops tracking after sometimes and if I logout and login again only it continues to update tracking information.

What I want to know is,
Is there any API limitation for portal user login in mobile? if yes, how I can increase this in private cloud?
Is there any session expiration for portal user login in mobile? if yes, how to handle this?
Is it something else I missed to consider that causes this behavior?

Adding More:
When I check the 'rest.log' it says "Error: You do not have permission to perform this action" exactly after 30 minutes. Is this something with the session expiration? (but the session is active all the time)

Please help me on this,

Thanks in advance,
Ithrees. 

Posted by Karthikeyan Bhaskaran on 21-Aug-2015 07:05

Hello Ithrees,

To have access to Progress Support, you will need to register for Support.

Please go to the URL below to register:

progresslink.progress.com/supportlink

Thank you,

Karthikeyan

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 07-Aug-2015 05:08

Hello,

I have moved this thread to the Rollbase forum for clarification on the Mobile APIs.

Thanks.

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 07-Aug-2015 06:45

We don't have limitations on API usage for Rollbase Mobile. Looks like mobile session is getting expired.

Posted by egarcia on 07-Aug-2015 11:02

Hello Ithrees,

It looks like this issue would need some debugging to understand where the timeout is happening.

Is this something that you could work with Technical Support to reproduce the issue and look at the details of the rest.log file?

Thanks.

Posted by ithrees on 09-Aug-2015 23:20

Hi Egarcia,

Even though we are handling this issue within the response(re-login when this error occurs) I think it would be better to work with your technical team to figure out the issue. Can you instruct me on how I can continue with your support team on this?

Thanks,

Ithrees.

Posted by Karthikeyan Bhaskaran on 21-Aug-2015 07:05

Hello Ithrees,

To have access to Progress Support, you will need to register for Support.

Please go to the URL below to register:

progresslink.progress.com/supportlink

Thank you,

Karthikeyan

This thread is closed