Trigger not deleting the record

Posted by IramK on 06-Aug-2015 08:25

Hello,

I have three objects A (testGroup), B (testCountries) and C (testAdjustments) and the relationships between the three are:

Relationships:

A - B => M - M

B - C => 1 - M

A- C => 1 - M

Scenario 1:

So my main object is A i.e. testGroup and I am trying to attach and detach testCountries records (B) from the New/Edit Page of A. On attaching B records (for ex: Bahamas, Australia and America) in the New/Edit Page of record A, I would like to create records in C with the same countries (bahamas, australia and america) that have been attached i.e. testAdjustment after my record A is updated I am performing the creation of records C using a trigger on A after record A is updated. Likewise, on detaching B records, I would like to delete records in C. Both these tasks of creating and deleting adjustment records is done using a trigger.

Scenario 2:

Along the same lines, I have a grid control for object C in the New/Edit Page of record A. When I add new records for C in A with countries like Australia and America, then on save of record A I would like to attach similar country records between A and B (where each B record that is attached has one of those countries i.e. Australia and America).

I am performing this task using two triggers:

  1. After Create Trigger: This trigger would run when a new related record C in created in New/Edit Page of A and the record A is saved.
  2. Before Delete Trigger: This trigger would run when I delete a record C with a particular country (eg: United Kingdom) in New/Edit Page of A and that would eventually detach that particular record between A and B based on United Kingdom.

Issue:

Everything works fine i.e. the attach of countries works fine, the creation/deletion of new adjustments works fine.

The issue is when I try to detach a country from record A and save the record, the record C is still created and it attaches the country record B back to A which I dont want. Any suggestions on why this is happening?

Cheers.

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 04-Sep-2015 02:00

Mani posted in wrong thread. Please log a support case with App XML attached.

All Replies

Posted by Mani Kumar on 28-Aug-2015 01:42

Hi,

I've tested this and see a different/regular behavior.

Can you please share your application xml to troubleshoot further.

Regards,

Mani.

Posted by Mani Kumar on 28-Aug-2015 02:30

Hi Anurag,

This isssue is fixed now and will be available in the weekend  4.0.1 release.

Regards,
Mani.

[collapse]
I've tested this and see a different/regular behavior.

Can you please share your application xml to troubleshoot further.

Regards,

Mani.

Posted by IramK on 28-Aug-2015 05:30

Hello [mention:ce2116fd258e46ee8b4509379c9663a4:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] ,

Thanks for confirming that to me. (Btw I'm not Anurag).

Cheers.

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 04-Sep-2015 02:00

Mani posted in wrong thread. Please log a support case with App XML attached.

This thread is closed