I have problem THAI Character in PD4ML when Create Template

Posted by tanagorns@progress.in.th on 02-Aug-2015 23:05

Hi GUY!!

In Rollbase Private Cloud V 3.2.3. I need to create PDF Template by HTML and Render to PDF . I read to Rollbase manual Howto setup Third party and then I follow step by step in Rollbase Manual but My Character not working.

I capture my Rollbase  and lib folder for everyone.

see below:

- This is template.

- This is Display Value in PDF.

- this is lib Folder in Rollbase.

- this is shared.property file.

Thanks in Advance 

Best regards
Tanagorn Sangtong
PSP(THAILAND) CO.,LTD.

Posted by Manooj Murali on 07-Sep-2015 09:47

So, we have tested the template provided and the thai characters generate properly in the pdf with the pd4ml 395 pro jar but not with pd4ml 395 pro trial jar. You might want to discuss this with the pd4ml team and use a professional version of the jar instead of trial.

-Thanks.

Posted by Manooj Murali on 08-Sep-2015 02:50

I have figured out the issue. So, basically, we have a check in Rollbase which doesn’t do TTF embedding if the PD4ML is in demo mode. This check is done by invoking the Java API “PD4ML.isDemoMode()”.

In your case, this API implementation returns true as it is a trial/demo version of pd4ml. (whereas we have a professional pd4ml version where it works fine)

So, the immediate easy solution for you would be to move to a professional pd4ml version to work with Rollbase.

However, we understand that this restriction in Rollbase is incorrect as PD4ML doesn’t restrict TTF embedding even in demo/trial mode.

So, we will be removing this restriction in our upcoming service pack.

Important NOTE: Please make sure you have a temp directory under tomcat/pas_instance folder for the pd4ml ttf embedding to work.

All Replies

Posted by Mani Kumar on 03-Aug-2015 04:47

Hi Tanagorn,

Looks like this could an issue with the Rollbase Encoding with relevance to Thai characters.

Can you please confirm if any of the other tokens are working? (In the above screenshot, Full name is not recognized. Is it the same with all tokens?)

Regards,

Mani.

Posted by tanagorns@progress.in.th on 03-Aug-2015 23:17

Hi Mani

I Direct to Thai Character in Document template and another Token . Yes !! Same Problem.

Best Regards

Tanagorn Sangtong

Posted by Manooj Murali on 21-Aug-2015 04:50

Hi-

There are similar posts currently active in the forum & it looks like its for the same issue.

community.progress.com/.../69280.aspx

community.progress.com/.../70002.aspx

PD4ML recommends running the following command against your font directory (refer pd4ml.com/.../ttf-embedding-t42.html)

java -jar pd4ml.jar -configure.fonts /path/to/my/fonts/

Once, this is run, a property file is generated & you need to rename it to pd4fonts.properties and put it in the font directory. (Note: In case of windows, this may not be required).

Can you please confirm if these steps were executed on your environment?

If you see still see the problem after having executed these steps, could you please confirm if directly generating the pdf

(refer http://pd4ml.com/examples.htm) by following the PD4ML command line tools works for you?

Note: Please execute the command line test using the same pd4ml jar you are using in rollbase.

Also, I noticed that you have a pd4ml_demo.jar? Is that a licensed version, if yes, can you please confirm what is the pd4ml version you are using?

-Thanks

Posted by Manooj Murali on 07-Sep-2015 09:47

So, we have tested the template provided and the thai characters generate properly in the pdf with the pd4ml 395 pro jar but not with pd4ml 395 pro trial jar. You might want to discuss this with the pd4ml team and use a professional version of the jar instead of trial.

-Thanks.

Posted by Manooj Murali on 08-Sep-2015 02:50

I have figured out the issue. So, basically, we have a check in Rollbase which doesn’t do TTF embedding if the PD4ML is in demo mode. This check is done by invoking the Java API “PD4ML.isDemoMode()”.

In your case, this API implementation returns true as it is a trial/demo version of pd4ml. (whereas we have a professional pd4ml version where it works fine)

So, the immediate easy solution for you would be to move to a professional pd4ml version to work with Rollbase.

However, we understand that this restriction in Rollbase is incorrect as PD4ML doesn’t restrict TTF embedding even in demo/trial mode.

So, we will be removing this restriction in our upcoming service pack.

Important NOTE: Please make sure you have a temp directory under tomcat/pas_instance folder for the pd4ml ttf embedding to work.

This thread is closed