Mobile-Web Enabled / Openedge Service Objects

Posted by coates_aj on 20-Jul-2015 04:44

Good Morning, We are using Rollbase 3.2.3.0 and Openedge 11.5.1 and we have a Rollbase application which has some OE Service objects. I have enabled mobile-web for the application and included a tab with one of my OE service objects. The application and tab appear within the mobile interface, and I get a list of records when I select the tab. However, when I select one of those records all I get is a page with the Home and Logout buttons, the word Error across the top and a yellow line. Does anyone have any ideas where I can look to figure out what the error is? Thanks for any assistance

Posted by Ricardo Rafols on 24-Jul-2015 16:29

Hi coates_aj / Edsel,

I logged Defect PSC00337484 for this issue.

Regards,

Ricardo

Posted by egarcia on 23-Jul-2015 15:02

Hello,

Ricardo Rafols in Technical Support was able to reproduce the issue with a Private Cloud environment.

We had a chance to look at the issue together.

There seems to be two bugs in this issue:

1) Under some configurations, the the detail page returns an error (the server returns error 500 because it detected an error but was still able to return a web page). This issue seems to be happening with Rollbase Cloud, however, there may be other factors.

The usage of OpenEdge SPA does not see to be a factor.

2) The URL to the detail page uses "id=51" for every record in the list.

This causes a query to the OpenEdge AppServer with <primary key>=51.

You can see the request from Rollbase in the jsdo.log file (rollbase/storage).

You can see this in the requestURL:

http://localhost:8080/prod1/b/mb.jsp?pageId=13468&id=51

Ricardo is going to log bug reports for these issues.

Please contact Technical Support if you want add details on how this impact you.

Also, please let me know if you want to know about other options for Mobile access.

Thank you and regards,

Edsel

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 20-Jul-2015 06:25

Hello,

FYI, I just tried this out (mobile-web with an OpenEdge Service Object) and was able to access the data from a device (iPhone).

Do you see s difference in behaviors when testing from an actual device?

To debug this type of issues, look at the JavaScript Console and the Network view in the Web Inspector.

You might be able to see errors or exceptions that would explain the behavior.

I hope this helps.

Posted by coates_aj on 20-Jul-2015 08:24

Hi,

Thanks for that, at least I know that it should work. Unfortunately I do not currently have the ability to test this on a genuine device. If I use a Rollbase native object then all is fine.

There were no errors within the console, however I did come across this error within the network view:

Remote Address:[::1]:8080

Request URL:http://localhost:8080/prod1/b/mb.jsp?pageId=13468&id=51

Request Method:GET

Status Code:500 Internal Server Error

I can't seem to find anything in any log files that would assist me in determining what that internal server error might be. Any ideas where I should be looking to track down the root cause of this problem?

Thanks

Posted by egarcia on 20-Jul-2015 09:12

Hello,

Is there anything in the Response tab associated with the HTTP Status Code 500?

Based on this information, I see that you are using a Private Cloud install of Rollbase and IPv6.

What version of Rollbase are you using? (I tested with Rollbase Public Cloud which runs the latest version: 3.2.3.0.)

Since the request is trying to access a page using mb.jsp, there may be errors associated with the execution of JSP.

Thanks

Posted by coates_aj on 20-Jul-2015 09:50

Hi,

You are correct, this is private cloud. Locally I am using Rollbase 3.2.2.0, but I also have access to a server on our network with Private cloud version 3.2.3.0 which is also exhibiting the same behaviour.

The response associated with the status 500 error appears to be the HTML source that is being displayed.

Thanks

Posted by egarcia on 20-Jul-2015 15:53

HTML code in the response seems to be the HTML for the error page that is being shown.

However, it has a extra text at the end "</cod".

This is strange.

HTTP status 500 Internal Server Error would generally return an error rather than an HTML source page. Also, the web browser would not render the page.

Since this is your own environment, try to see if there are entries in the log files that are updated as part of the web access.

Do you see the access to the OpenEdge AppServer happening?

Do you know if issue only happens with a particular OpenEdge Service Object?

I would suggest to contact Technical Support to look at other options.

Thanks.

Posted by coates_aj on 22-Jul-2015 03:46

Hi,

The  "</cod" was my mistake, that wasn't really in the response, the rest however was. Sorry for misleading you there. Like you I don't understand why I'm getting a HTTP status 500 error and still have a web page being rendered.

I don't appear to see anything in the Rollbase logs under Pas_Instance\logs and I can't see anything appearing in the OE Pas log files either.

This issues happens with all OE Service Objects I try. The only other thing I can think of is that I do have the authentication type in Rollbase set to Openedge SPA, could this be causing the problem?

Thanks

Posted by egarcia on 23-Jul-2015 15:02

Hello,

Ricardo Rafols in Technical Support was able to reproduce the issue with a Private Cloud environment.

We had a chance to look at the issue together.

There seems to be two bugs in this issue:

1) Under some configurations, the the detail page returns an error (the server returns error 500 because it detected an error but was still able to return a web page). This issue seems to be happening with Rollbase Cloud, however, there may be other factors.

The usage of OpenEdge SPA does not see to be a factor.

2) The URL to the detail page uses "id=51" for every record in the list.

This causes a query to the OpenEdge AppServer with <primary key>=51.

You can see the request from Rollbase in the jsdo.log file (rollbase/storage).

You can see this in the requestURL:

http://localhost:8080/prod1/b/mb.jsp?pageId=13468&id=51

Ricardo is going to log bug reports for these issues.

Please contact Technical Support if you want add details on how this impact you.

Also, please let me know if you want to know about other options for Mobile access.

Thank you and regards,

Edsel

Posted by Ricardo Rafols on 24-Jul-2015 16:29

Hi coates_aj / Edsel,

I logged Defect PSC00337484 for this issue.

Regards,

Ricardo

Posted by coates_aj on 27-Jul-2015 04:48

Hi Ricardo / Edsel,

Thanks for looking into this and raising a defect for this issue.

This thread is closed