List Views on Lookup Fields

Posted by anthosbadguy on 10-Jul-2015 18:48

I have two relationships between the same two objects A and B

I need to select records from the A object on both of the lookup fields that are on the "New B" page, but I need to do it this way:

-On the first field I use the selector and pick a record from a list view

-On the second field I use the selector and pick a record from the same list view, but this time, the view doesn't contain the record I selected on the first field.

Putting it this way: I need to select two records from the same view, but the record I selected on the first field can't be included on the list of records I can choose from to select the record for the second field.

How could I do something like this?

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 13-Jul-2015 10:29

You can use rbf_setLookupFilter() client-side API to filter records displayed in the lookup selector.

Example:
The filter "First Name equals 'Foo'" would require the following code:
> rbf_setLookupFilter('R12345', 'First_Name', 'Foo');

Unfortunately the only supported operator for this API is "equals". In your case, the operator "not equals" is required to perform the filter. You can request this operator to be added by submitting an enhancement request in the ideas section (https://community.progress.com/community_groups/products_enhancements/i/rollbase/create.aspx).

All Replies

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 13-Jul-2015 10:29

You can use rbf_setLookupFilter() client-side API to filter records displayed in the lookup selector.

Example:
The filter "First Name equals 'Foo'" would require the following code:
> rbf_setLookupFilter('R12345', 'First_Name', 'Foo');

Unfortunately the only supported operator for this API is "equals". In your case, the operator "not equals" is required to perform the filter. You can request this operator to be added by submitting an enhancement request in the ideas section (https://community.progress.com/community_groups/products_enhancements/i/rollbase/create.aspx).

Posted by anthosbadguy on 13-Jul-2015 10:34

Oh, I see! Thank you very much for your answer.

This thread is closed