Integration name updating not allowed

Posted by Meryk on 10-Jul-2015 09:57

Hi,

I am trying to change the integration name of an object, and I can't  as it seems to be restricted.

It is a standard object with relationships and some fields.

Is that normal? And how can I change this integration name.

Thanks

Mery

Posted by IramK on 17-Jul-2015 06:18

I just managed to change the integration name of the object using the "install" method provided by REST API. This would possibly be useful for others in the future who have installed applications from another zone and would like to update integration names (in this case) or other information if required. What you possibly need to do with "install" is basically: get the application definition using the /getApplicationDef function and then "install" the updated application def with the new object integration name. The override parameter needs to be set to true. Hope this helps!

All Replies

Posted by Yuriy Kupershmidt on 10-Jul-2015 10:04

Hi Mery. Rollbase should allow to change the integration name.  What error message do you get? The integration name is unique though the system, not just particular application or even tenant. In this case the error message should be: "Error: This integration name is already in use. Please choose another name."

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 10-Jul-2015 10:27

Hi Mery,

Did you create the object from scratch? If not, was the object created from a default application(e.g. Organization Management, Approvals, etc.)?

It would be great if you can attach an XML of the application which contains the object.

Regards,
Godfrey

Posted by Meryk on 10-Jul-2015 11:10

Hi guys,

Yuriy, I am not getting any error, it is just not allowing me to update, when I hover the integration name field, it brings up a small restriction icon.

Yes, this error is coming up in the case you CAN update, and use an existing name. I am not reaching this step actually.

Godfrey, the object is created from scratch. And I cannot attach an XML, beacause I would have to export the entire system as everything is linked. But we can provide access to our system for you to have a look.

Thank you both,

Mery

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 10-Jul-2015 13:57

What is the current integration name of the object? Please attach a screenshot of the object definition from the top part of the page until the System Information section.

Posted by Meryk on 13-Jul-2015 03:25

Hi Godfrey,

The integration name of the object is : "pageSection".

Here is a screen shot of the definition page (removed the name of the application):

Thank you

Mery

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 13-Jul-2015 10:58

I created an object with the same attributes and properties but the integration name is still editable. Can you also include the information in the System Information section?

Posted by Meryk on 14-Jul-2015 04:15

Hi Godfrey,

Here you are :

Thanks

Mery

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 14-Jul-2015 14:25

I've noticed that the Original ID is different from the ID. This info suggests that the object definition was imported from another zone. What was the Lock Status selected when you generated the application XML?

Posted by Meryk on 15-Jul-2015 03:23

Hi Godfrey,

The Status is "Unlocked" when I try to generate XML. And of course I have a number of errors saying some related objects are not found, which is normal as they belong to other applications.

I hope I can avoid deleting the object and recreating it, because from what you are saying I understand that if the integration name is not editable it may be because the object has been imported from somewhere else, which I am not sure about actually.

Thanks

Mery

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 15-Jul-2015 12:07

The integration name of the object becomes read-only if it is imported from another zone. This will ensure that formulas and triggers which uses the integration name of the object will not have any conflict. You can update the integration name by doing the following:

1. Change the integration name of the object from the original zone where the object was created.
2. Extract a new application XML from the original zone.
3. Use the application XML to update the application on the target zone.

Note: Changes in the object definitions in the original zone will also be applied in the target zone.

Question: Why do you need to change the integration name? This is only used by administrators who are developing Rollbase applications.

Posted by IramK on 17-Jul-2015 06:18

I just managed to change the integration name of the object using the "install" method provided by REST API. This would possibly be useful for others in the future who have installed applications from another zone and would like to update integration names (in this case) or other information if required. What you possibly need to do with "install" is basically: get the application definition using the /getApplicationDef function and then "install" the updated application def with the new object integration name. The override parameter needs to be set to true. Hope this helps!

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 17-Jul-2015 07:30

Thank you for sharing your solution.

Posted by Chris Swanson on 28-Aug-2016 15:47

Hi - I have a custom object where the Integration Name field is gray and not editable. I get the red No Edit symbol when I hover over the field.

Please note that...

1) I named the object ACCOUNT, so the Integration Name is ACCOUNT. This was the first object I created to learn about Rollbase. I see now that Integration Names must be unique for the entire Rollbase hosted system. Other objects I created, like one I named HISTORY, received an Integration Name of  HISTORY3. I am surprised that  I was allowed to name an object ACCOUNT as I would have thought that name would have been used by other users long ago, or that it would be a reserved name for some system level object.

2) I have 5 Formula fields in the object. Not sure if creating Formula fields changes the object so that the Integration Name can't be changed.

Thanks for any advice.

Posted by pcs on 16-Oct-2016 17:40

I too have a custom object where the Integration Name field is gray and not editable (red No Edit symbol when I hover over the field).

Can someone please explain (definitively) when an integration name becomes read-only, and how to make it editable again.

Posted by pcs on 04-Nov-2018 23:54

Further to my posting (over 2 years ago!), can anyone explain unequivocally how an Object Integration Name becomes read-only, and how it can be edited again? I there an easy workaround?

This thread is closed