Is it possible to create a new trigger that will run on rese

Posted by jsniemi79 on 09-Jul-2015 15:40

I would like to allow an end user to not send the default reset password email that we have branded to our company.  Instead, I'd like to allow them to create their own.  Is it possible to stop the default email that is generated with the rbf_userReset is called from the more options drop down on the user?

I'm trying to do it this way because I want to lock down the templates on the user object, so they can't make changes to them, but we are allowing them to create new ones.

If there is a better way to handle this, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 10-Jul-2015 13:49

Hi Jason,

I am not aware of any trigger which can reset the password of the user. Already tried cloning the Password Reset Notification mail template and sending it using Send Email trigger, but Rollbase does not reset the password.

A possible workaround is to use formula fields in the Mail Template. This way, the customers will only have to update the template on the SETTINGS object. Below are the steps to accomplish this:
1. Create a checkbox field in SETTINGS object to determine whether to use the formula or not.
2. Create a string formula field in SETTINGS object. and return the HTML string to be inserted in your mail template. Make sure the formula only returns the HTML result if the checkbox is checked.
3. Update the Password Reset Notification mail template and insert the formula field token where you want the HTML scripts to be displayed.

Regards,
Godfrey

All Replies

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 10-Jul-2015 13:49

Hi Jason,

I am not aware of any trigger which can reset the password of the user. Already tried cloning the Password Reset Notification mail template and sending it using Send Email trigger, but Rollbase does not reset the password.

A possible workaround is to use formula fields in the Mail Template. This way, the customers will only have to update the template on the SETTINGS object. Below are the steps to accomplish this:
1. Create a checkbox field in SETTINGS object to determine whether to use the formula or not.
2. Create a string formula field in SETTINGS object. and return the HTML string to be inserted in your mail template. Make sure the formula only returns the HTML result if the checkbox is checked.
3. Update the Password Reset Notification mail template and insert the formula field token where you want the HTML scripts to be displayed.

Regards,
Godfrey

Posted by jsniemi79 on 10-Jul-2015 14:03

I thought that might be the direction I needed to go. Thanks Godfrey!

This thread is closed