Hiding a Menu Item on Portal

Posted by Paulh0763 on 09-Jul-2015 14:19

What is the best approach to hide a menu item on the portal main page from a client? I would like to allow certain clients to create new customer implementations and I would like to add a menu item called "Customer Implementations" and allow only the clients that have permission to see this menu item and the other clients hide the menu item.

All ideas would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking I might have to add some kind of script to the header page?

Thanks! :)

Posted by Gian Torralba on 10-Jul-2015 13:56

Hello,

Just add a CSS/JS script to the header section that checks for a certain condition and if it returns true, you need to show the menu via adding the CSS class or using a javascript/Jquery method to hide the menu,

Hope this helps,

Gian

All Replies

Posted by Gian Torralba on 10-Jul-2015 13:56

Hello,

Just add a CSS/JS script to the header section that checks for a certain condition and if it returns true, you need to show the menu via adding the CSS class or using a javascript/Jquery method to hide the menu,

Hope this helps,

Gian

Posted by pvorobie on 13-Jul-2015 10:33

We do not have menu items on Portal pages, so I'm not sure what do you mean. On regular UI pages use permissions to limit access to menus.

This thread is closed