Is there a way to generate a user test environment?

Posted by itservices on 09-Jul-2015 09:42

Hi, I've been using Rollbase for about 1.5 weeks now and have started working on an application. I am the only admin working on it and it will have 1 (other) end user. Is there any way I can have my end user use an alpha build of my application so he can monitor the progress and provide feedback without having to navigate my mess? So far I've found my only options are to deploy it and submit it to the Progress gods or buy my own server space for 50 bucks/month, neither of which is very appealing for a simple test run.

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 09-Jul-2015 10:33

Hi,

Create a new user but since you don't want to give admin account or role, you can create new Role (non-admin) and assign it to a new User that you want to test the app.

Configure permissions so a tester can only see the objects to be tested in the app.

Hope this may help.

Regards,

Orchid

All Replies

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 09-Jul-2015 10:33

Hi,

Create a new user but since you don't want to give admin account or role, you can create new Role (non-admin) and assign it to a new User that you want to test the app.

Configure permissions so a tester can only see the objects to be tested in the app.

Hope this may help.

Regards,

Orchid

This thread is closed