Grid controls and record creation/convertion

Posted by anthosbadguy on 21-Jun-2015 18:54

Hello,

I need to be able to create records of a B object, converting them from an A object.

Now then, the A object has a grid control that contains several rows of records from a C object,
how could I transfer the data on the grid control located in the A object to another grid control in the B object when I create the B object?

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 22-Jun-2015 10:46

Hi,

I think you need these several steps below to do this.

1. Go to Object definition object that has original record (Object A)
2. Create a Conversion Map and select convert to Object B
3. In the map page set the value of Object C and uncheck anything in "Clone Matched Related Objects" section. Save.
4. Create a trigger with type "Create New Record" then select the map
5. Select the timing as "After Update" in the trigger (*Trigger can be run via Workflow actions too)
6. Create a new trigger "Update Field Value" (make this trigger run after the trigger above)
7. In the field to change select Object C
8. In the formula box indicate -1 (to clear the Object C values and looks like it transfer to Object B)

Hope this mauy help.

Regards,
Orchid

All Replies

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 22-Jun-2015 10:46

Hi,

I think you need these several steps below to do this.

1. Go to Object definition object that has original record (Object A)
2. Create a Conversion Map and select convert to Object B
3. In the map page set the value of Object C and uncheck anything in "Clone Matched Related Objects" section. Save.
4. Create a trigger with type "Create New Record" then select the map
5. Select the timing as "After Update" in the trigger (*Trigger can be run via Workflow actions too)
6. Create a new trigger "Update Field Value" (make this trigger run after the trigger above)
7. In the field to change select Object C
8. In the formula box indicate -1 (to clear the Object C values and looks like it transfer to Object B)

Hope this mauy help.

Regards,
Orchid

This thread is closed