How do you implement Multi level dependent picklists using r

Posted by spope-rollbase on 04-Jun-2015 00:34

We need to be able implement a Multi level dependent picklist for an accomodation booking system we are working on.

In our "accomodation request" object we need to be able to select:

• Hotel/Property
  • Room type
  • Room rate / Service Level

First Effort was using Standard Picklist for Hotel/ Property, then Dependent picklists for the  2 lower levels. This works in a fashion, but is not as user friendly, or as maintainable as we need. So we want to do this using relationships and other objects.

If there is a best practice way of doing this in Rollbase please let me know.

We have created new objects for Hotel, Room Type, and Room Rate/Service level, and set up the relationships between them.

We can get the Edit Screen for our accommodation request do a picklist. lookup instead of a Selector, but we are having troubles with it displaying as a multi-select picklist when we want it to be  single select picklist.

If we make the Relationships 1-1, The picklsts look right on the screen, but you cannot relate multiple accommodation requests to the same hotel etc, which is a major problem.

If we make the Relationships 1-Many, we are forced to use the multi-select picklist, which is not what we want.

Is this a bug? The Old Rollbase in Action Doco suggests we can pick either picklist, or multi-select picklist from the page level properties of the lookup fields, but we are only getting "Picklist", and the multi-select behaviour appears to be being controlled by the type of relationship.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Also: Do we need 3 Objects, or can this be done using 1 Object with all 3 columns in it? There has to be a way of doing this simply.

Posted by spope-rollbase on 04-Jun-2015 01:24

Apologies for the SPAM.

Disregard this Question, We recreated our relationships as Many to One, and "bingo-bango" everything now works. (Now I feel like a dill for posting this question in the first place.)

All Replies

Posted by spope-rollbase on 04-Jun-2015 01:24

Apologies for the SPAM.

Disregard this Question, We recreated our relationships as Many to One, and "bingo-bango" everything now works. (Now I feel like a dill for posting this question in the first place.)

This thread is closed