How to set multiple values of a lookup field client-side?

Posted by koreem on 03-Jun-2015 02:35

I want to set multiple values for a lookup field client-side. I tried using the following method:

rbf_selectObject( selectedObjectID, selectedObjectName, null, relationName, false); 

Only this method can't handle multiple values. It's possible when I use the rbf_setFieldValue() method but then the values aren't presented to the user.. Any workarounds for this?

Posted by Santosh Patel on 10-Jun-2015 00:19

Koreem,

It is highly suggested that you stick to the documented methods because the undocumented ones could change/be deprecated or function differently across releases and that might break your application. More so ever it maybe hard to debug the cause of failures. Please file an enhancement request, you have my vote.

All Replies

Posted by pvorobie on 03-Jun-2015 11:26

Unfortunately rbf_setFieldValue() method does not work with lookup fields. Please feel free to file enhancement request for this.

Posted by jquerijero on 03-Jun-2015 13:19

I don't see rbf_selectObject in the list nor the documentation. Is this is a new method?

Posted by koreem on 04-Jun-2015 01:42

rbf_selectObject is a undocumented function to set a lookupfield client-side, see: 

https://community.progress.com/community_groups/rollbase/f/25/p/7083/27430.aspx

But it only works for one value..

Posted by koreem on 09-Jun-2015 09:49

Anyone?

Posted by Santosh Patel on 10-Jun-2015 00:19

Koreem,

It is highly suggested that you stick to the documented methods because the undocumented ones could change/be deprecated or function differently across releases and that might break your application. More so ever it maybe hard to debug the cause of failures. Please file an enhancement request, you have my vote.

Posted by koreem on 11-Jun-2015 02:45
This thread is closed