Rollbase: Design This Page List's

Posted by MarkT on 25-May-2015 14:56

Hi All,

I'm finding a fair amount of the screens I'm designing in Rollbase are single records - but to get to the record view I'm having to click through a list of one record first.  Does anyone have a strategy for going straight to the view in these cases?

Thanks,

Mark

Posted by Thierry Ciot on 29-May-2015 21:09

Mark,

I just tried this on my environment and it works well.  The key principles:

è You create some html elements with well known IDs to easily access them via jquery

è Javascript makes Ajax call to retrieve the values based on objectId and list of fields you need to retrieve

è On Ajax completion callback, use jquery to find the html elements to which you want to dynamically add the retrieved values

I hope this works well for you too, the details are below.  I’m curious though on the use case.  Why do you have so many “singletons”?

Thierry.

Here are the steps:

1)      Take note of:

a.      The object id of your object (click on your object and use the id at the end of the url, for example: main.jsp?pageId=41601&tabId=41689&id=43901

b.      The link to the edit page

2)      Create a generic page and add a section

3)      In section add html component (See content below)

4)      In section add javascript component with this (See content below)

HTML for step 3: replace the link with your own link to edit object

<h3>This is one Record from Object1 List</h3>

JavaScript for Step 4: replace with your actual objectId and your fields of interest.
<script>
  function my_callback(objName, objId, values) {
    var int1 = values['intFieldOne'];
    var int2 = values['intFieldTwo'];
    console.log("int1: " + int1 + " - int2: "+int2);
    $("#item1Id").text(int1);
               $("#item2Id").text(int2);
  }

//  debugger;
  var x = rbf_getFields("Object1", 41739, "intFieldOne,intFieldTwo", my_callback);
  console.log("Ajax call made");
</script>

Here is the object on my system in the grid: it’s called o1 and has 2 int fields

Here the generic page output:

[collapse]