How to define record create and update pages with our own st

Posted by ithrees on 19-May-2015 06:01

Hi All,

In my case I need to customize rollbase record create and update page in a way I prefer without going with the current setup(table structure). Is it possible to use the available field components and to build page with our own style in rollbase? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance,
Ithrees

All Replies

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 19-May-2015 16:27

Hi Ithrees,

Unfortunately the page designer does not have this feature. I believe even JavaScript can't override how the page designer works. This requirement is only possible via enhancement. Have you considered using CSS and JavaScript to modify the page on load?

Regards,
Godfrey

Posted by ithrees on 21-May-2015 04:34

Hi Godfrey,

I tried applying CSS and JavaScript but I only managed to change appearance and behaviors of the fields. I couldn't change the field's position, couldn't add more than 3 columns and felt like I am very much restricted to build the UI in a way I want.

Thank you Godfrey for your response, Hopefully expecting the feature versions with more favorable changes in the UI building part.

Thanks,

Ithrees

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 21-May-2015 07:58

You can also file this as an enhancement request by posting a topic in the ideas section (community.progress.com/.../default.aspx).

This thread is closed