Maximum file size is not responding anymore to the setting i

Posted by Aede Hoekstra on 11-May-2015 04:41

Hi!

We have a private cloud instance running on Rollbase version 3.1.4. We have an Attachment object with a field of the type File Upload. Because we need to store large attachments I've set the setting in the shared.properties to: MaxFileSizeKB=65536 (64mb)

But after restarting the tomcat, The value is not presented in the Maximum File Size dropdown box with the field properties. Also other (lower) values are not presented. Is this a know issue? Or is there another workaround?

In our private cloud environment on 3.2.1 this is working ok.

Posted by Manooj Murali on 13-May-2015 07:52

I tried this on the latest 3.1.4 private cloud build and once I restart my tomcat after shared property update, the new value does show up. I updated the MaxFileSizeKB property with a value of 65536 and after restart, I do see 64MB as an option in the dropdown. (see attachment 'fieldCreate_jsp.png')

All Replies

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 11-May-2015 07:12

We are looking at why this is broken in 3.1.x.

In the meantime, Is updating to 3.2.x not an option ?

Posted by Aede Hoekstra on 11-May-2015 07:21

We are going to update to 3.2.x, but I was wondering if it was a bug and if so, if a workaround is available.

Posted by Manooj Murali on 13-May-2015 07:52

I tried this on the latest 3.1.4 private cloud build and once I restart my tomcat after shared property update, the new value does show up. I updated the MaxFileSizeKB property with a value of 65536 and after restart, I do see 64MB as an option in the dropdown. (see attachment 'fieldCreate_jsp.png')

Posted by Aede Hoekstra on 18-May-2015 03:59

We've tested this with version 3.2.1 and now it works. Note: we are running on linux.

Also when you not change the content of the shared.properties the tomcat doesn't see the change, so you'll have to alter a value in the file to enforce the tomcat to pickup the change.

This thread is closed