Rollbase with OpenEdge and LDAP authentication

Posted by MatsRisberg on 30-Apr-2015 07:20

Hello.

I am investigating a Rollbase solution where we are planning to use LDAP for authentication and OpenEdge AppServers for database and business logic.

What is best way to obtain information about the user and its authorizations in the classes that handles the REST calls on the AppServer?

Is the user information supplied with the REST call from Rollbase or does the appserver also needs an interface to LDAP?

Should the CLIENT-PRINCIPLE object be used and in that case how?

All Replies

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 30-Apr-2015 07:40

I believe there is a limitation where Rollbase can only SSO to an OpenEdge REST service with a Client-Principal when Rollbase is also configured to use the AppServer's user accounts.

You do have the option of configuring the OpenEdge REST service to use LDAP authentication, which will then create a Client-Principal and deliver it to the AppServer's business logic where it can be used for controlling database identity.

Mike J.

[collapse]
I am investigating a Rollbase solution where we are planning to use LDAP for authentication and OpenEdge AppServers for database and business logic.

What is best way to obtain information about the user and its authorizations in the classes that handles the REST calls on the AppServer?

Is the user information supplied with the REST call from Rollbase or does the appserver also needs an interface to LDAP?

Should the CLIENT-PRINCIPLE object be used and in that case how?

Posted by Ricardo Rafols on 30-Apr-2015 13:18

Hi MatsRiberg,

This article can help you ... It is about Rollbase and OpenEdge Authentication.

http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/000057452?q=000057452

This thread is closed