OE object issue with rbv_api.getFieldValue

Posted by SteveBos on 23-Apr-2015 11:51

Hello,

I'm getting an error I can't figure out when trying to use rbv_api.getFieldValue on an OE object. I've duplicated it with a trigger that has only one line of code and runs after an update on the a_cust_shipto OE object. I've tried various different field values to search as well as different ways to pass in the record id (which is a character GUID). The update REST method runs and updates the record correctly, but then fails in this trigger. And to top it off, about 1 of 10 times it will not give an error and work as expected..

It's a private cloud environment on version 3.2.1 but also tested in 3.1.3. My user is Admin and has all permissions set. Both API user roles have all permissions set.

Trigger Code
var test = rbv_api.getFieldValue("a_cust_shipto", "{!#UID}", "address_1"); //Get data from the record

Error Wrapped com.rb.core.data.a389: <html> <body>

Unauthorized

</body> </html> (line #3) in formula:

var test = rbv_api.getFieldValue("a_cust_shipto", "2611742d52e0a41-5391-af8d-13ec-b67468cce8d0", "address_1"); //Get data from the record

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Steve

All Replies

Posted by SteveBos on 23-Apr-2015 14:57

Hello,

I'm getting an error I can't figure out when trying to use rbv_api.getFieldValue on an OE object. I've duplicated it with a trigger that has only one line of code and runs after an update on the a_cust_shipto OE object. I've tried various different field values to search as well as different ways to pass in the record id (which is a character GUID). The update REST method runs and updates the record correctly, but then fails in this trigger. And to top it off, about 1 of 10 times it will not give an error and work as expected..

It's a private cloud environment on version 3.2.1 but also tested in 3.1.3. My user is Admin and has all permissions set. Both API user roles have all permissions set.

Trigger Code
var test = rbv_api.getFieldValue("a_cust_shipto", "{!#UID}", "address_1"); //Get data from the record

Error Wrapped com.rb.core.data.a389: <html> <body>

Unauthorized

</body> </html> (line #3) in formula:

var test = rbv_api.getFieldValue("a_cust_shipto", "2611742d52e0a41-5391-af8d-13ec-b67468cce8d0", "address_1"); //Get data from the record

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Steve

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 24-Apr-2015 02:21

Can you check whether update call is made every time to the OpenEdge App Server ?

We want to see whether the issue is happening in Rollbase side or OpenEdge side..

Posted by SteveBos on 27-Apr-2015 07:37

It's making a call everytime. We ended up submitting a defect for this, but thanks for the response.

This thread is closed