Remove case sensitivity in the portal login name

Posted by ithrees on 20-Apr-2015 23:18

Hi All,

How to remove the case sensitivity for the login name of the portal users? Is there any option available to configure the case sensitivity for the portal login name or any work around to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,
Ithrees

Posted by Mani Kumar on 23-Apr-2015 08:44

Hi Asan,

I tried to create a sample portal application and couldn't reproduce the issue.

In the application I have created a Portal user, with Login Name as "ManiKumar" and when I tried to login into the portal page with a Login Name "manikumar", it let me in to the same Login name as in application.

I checked it with a very simple script component on target page :

Current user login name  : {!#CURR_VISIT.loginName} with user name : {!#CURR_VISIT.name}

which shows as : Current user login name : ManiKumar with user name : Mani tester

Also, to make sure, I would recommend to refer below documentation URL for creating portal users and pages :

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

Regards,

Mani.

All Replies

Posted by Mani Kumar on 23-Apr-2015 08:44

Hi Asan,

I tried to create a sample portal application and couldn't reproduce the issue.

In the application I have created a Portal user, with Login Name as "ManiKumar" and when I tried to login into the portal page with a Login Name "manikumar", it let me in to the same Login name as in application.

I checked it with a very simple script component on target page :

Current user login name  : {!#CURR_VISIT.loginName} with user name : {!#CURR_VISIT.name}

which shows as : Current user login name : ManiKumar with user name : Mani tester

Also, to make sure, I would recommend to refer below documentation URL for creating portal users and pages :

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

Regards,

Mani.

Posted by ithrees on 24-Apr-2015 05:28

Hi Mani,

Thank you for your answer.

This is happening on my version 3.1.3.0 and when I check with the latest version 3.2.1 it is working as you have mentioned here. I also wonder whether is there anyway we can switch this case sensitivity for the login name ON and OFF with the requirement?

Best Regards,

Ithrees.

Posted by Mani Kumar on 24-Apr-2015 07:12

Hi Asan,

Thank you for sharing information. I will document this.

I see that there is no validation code that checks for case sensitivity of portal login name. Hence, there is no such option either.

I like the idea of such implementation in place. However, this would be adding a new feature to the product. I would request you to log an enhancement in our IDEAS section.

Regards,

Mani.

This thread is closed