Date Format changes - Rollbase Version 3.2.0.0

Posted by IramK on 15-Apr-2015 08:21

Hello,

May I know where the Date format setting is being taken from? Is the Date Format a hardcoded value of "MM/dd/yyyy"? I have tried to change date Format settings under "My Settings" and also under "Localization" settings as well but it doesn't change the Date format for the user. May I know where this setting is taken from and how can I make it use some other date format if I wanted to?

All Replies

Posted by Srinivas Panyala on 15-Apr-2015 08:27

Hi,

Please use Settings -> My Localization Settings option to modify the Date format.

Thanks

Srinivas

Posted by IramK on 15-Apr-2015 08:28

I tried that and even if I change the date Format over there, my Date control still retains the format: MM/dd/yyyy. Any suggestions why?

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 15-Apr-2015 08:34

When you say format remains same, is it in Views or in editor ? Can you share screenshot ? If you  are in Public Cloud, can you share Progress ID ?

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 15-Apr-2015 08:39
Hi Iram,

Please try changing the Date Format of the USER record. This might not be displayed on the pages but it should be available in the page designer.

Regards,
Godfrey
Posted by IramK on 15-Apr-2015 08:44

See the date format remains the same. I have gone into the User settings and changed it to the one shown below:

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 15-Apr-2015 08:58

Please use Settings -> Personal Setup -> My Localization Settings for updating Date Format at User Level.

For Account Level use Settings -> Administration Setup -> Localization Settings

Date Format Field in User Page is there for backward compatibility.

We support all formats only in View mode. In edit mode we only support formats like MM/dd/yyyy or dd/MM/yyyy (No support for Month names)

This will be enhanced in a future release.

Posted by IramK on 15-Apr-2015 09:08

1) So just trying to understand this correctly, you support all formats in View mode of the Record View page?

2) If I change the date format for a particular user in the user settings page, would that have an effect on the actual date control on the New/Edit Page?

3) You mentioned that in the Edit Mode you only support MM/dd/yyyy or dd/MM/yyyy. Where can I change these settings to see the effect on the edit page? (Localization or User settings page)

Kindly let me know.

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 15-Apr-2015 09:25

1) So just trying to understand this correctly, you support all formats in View mode of the Record View page?

Yes

2) If I change the date format for a particular user in the user settings page, would that have an effect on the actual date control on the New/Edit Page?

No

3) You mentioned that in the Edit Mode you only support MM/dd/yyyy or dd/MM/yyyy. Where can I change these settings to see the effect on the edit page? (Localization or User settings page)

Localization Settings

Posted by IramK on 15-Apr-2015 09:34

There is no setting for dd/MM/yyyy in that list of Date format or other formats. So if I'm not wrong, you only support MM/dd/yyyy in the New/Edit page at this point in this release? The View page can have any setting from the list.

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 15-Apr-2015 09:42

The list of formats depends on your locale.

Posted by IramK on 15-Apr-2015 09:59

Ok that explains something. So its not just dd/MM/yyyy and MM/dd/yyyy then, it can be yyyy/MM/dd (English (South Africa) or yyyy-MM-dd (English (Canada) as well? Is there a way I can get this date format setting from the script component? I have a date field and I would like to set its value on page load based on this date format.

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 15-Apr-2015 10:53
It's possible but I don't recommend it. You can store this value on a text field then convert it to a supported date format so you can save it on a date field. In addition, you also need to create a custom date picker to make the text field look like a date field on the UI.
Posted by IramK on 15-Apr-2015 10:57

Is there no way I can get the Localization Date Setting somehow using any helper methods?

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 15-Apr-2015 11:12
You can use rbf_formatDate() function to change the date value into a specific pattern. However, the value which uses the custom pattern cannot be saved in date fields. You still need a text field to hold and display this value on new/edit pages.
Posted by murali on 15-Apr-2015 12:05
Hello Imran,
                That is correct. It is currently a limitation with the newly introduced Localized date formats. We will introduce API to access those formats ( for current User  & for the current Tenant )  from script components.
Let me update you on a timeframe in this thread.

[collapse]