Setup link is hanging on new tenant installed without defaul

Posted by jsniemi79 on 07-Apr-2015 09:47

I removed the default Rollbase application from my published apps and replaced another app to be deployed by default on a new tenant.  The installation seemed to work as I expected, but now the menu option to go to the setup home is not working correctly.  It is hanging on the load and you can see in the background, the page is giving a null pointer exception.

Here is the information that was triggered in email from that error:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.apache.jsp.setup.setup_jsp._jspService(setup_jsp.java:323)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:432)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:390)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:334)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at com.rb.util.web.NoCacheFilter.doFilter(NoCacheFilter.java:41)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:953)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)

at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:200)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:310)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I can get to the setup information, but going into an object definition.  I'm assuming there was something in the default Rollbase app that I need to make sure to include.  

All Replies

Posted by pvorobie on 07-Apr-2015 11:07

What is Rollbase version you're using?

Posted by jsniemi79 on 07-Apr-2015 11:09

Private Cloud v3.1.0

Posted by pvorobie on 07-Apr-2015 11:20

I cannot reproduce problem in 3.2 environment, so I assume it was fixed in current release.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 07-Apr-2015 11:38

Hello,

What do you mean that you removed the Rollbase Application on the tenant? Did you just hide it or actually removed it?

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by pvorobie on 07-Apr-2015 11:39

Yes, I deleted it.

Posted by jsniemi79 on 07-Apr-2015 13:03

Gian,

I deleted it in the Master Zone from the published applications.  I then set one of my custom applications to be "Is System" and have that installed when a new tenant is created.  Once I did that, I couldn't click on the setup link from the menu.

Posted by Yuriy Kupershmidt on 07-Apr-2015 16:58

Hi jsniemi79. I did the steps you provided (using 3.1 version)  but could not reproduce the problem:
1. I deleted Progress Rollbase in the Master Zone from the published applications. 
2. Set one of my custom applications to be "Is System"
3. Created a new Customer. There was no Rollbase Application but there was the application I set as the System one
The customer was created and when I logged in there was no the Rollbase Application and the link Setup Home worked okay.
Did you use the link I have circled in the picture?

Posted by Gian Torralba on 09-Apr-2015 13:50

Hello,

Are you still encountering this problem in version 3.1?

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by jsniemi79 on 10-Apr-2015 08:36

Yes, I just ran through this again and when I click on Setup Home, I get the following screen.

And the following error notifcation

Posted by jsniemi79 on 10-Apr-2015 08:37

Yes Yuriy, that is the link that I click when I get this error.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 16-Apr-2015 16:31

Hello,

Did you test this again using a new Master tenant and repeating the steps provided previously?

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by jsniemi79 on 17-Apr-2015 07:58

Yes, I created a new tenant and had the same issue as my screenshots above.  

Posted by Gian Torralba on 21-Apr-2015 10:22

Hello,

I mean creating a new Rollbase installation to recreate the master tenant and doing the steps provided earlier?

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by Gian Torralba on 24-Apr-2015 07:06

Hello,

How did it go? Did you created a new Rollbase installation and did the steps mentioned earlier?

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by jsniemi79 on 24-Apr-2015 10:21

I haven't had my tech team setup a whole new instance at this point to test it.  I'm not sure that's a great solution to my issue as I'd like to be able to use the existing installation if possible.

Posted by pvorobie on 24-Apr-2015 11:46

I can only recommend that you upgrade to 3.2 version, since error you're having seems to be fixed in recent version.

Posted by jsniemi79 on 24-Apr-2015 11:48

I have tried this in v3.2.1 with my setup and it is still doing the same thing as before.

This thread is closed