Where can I control the new user email template for a new cu

Posted by jsniemi79 on 06-Apr-2015 13:05

I've been unable to locate the email template that is used when the first admin user is created after creating a new customer.  Today, it always generates with a subject of Welcome to Progress Rollbase.  As an ISV, I want to be able to customize the initial message to a user on our applications.

All Replies

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 06-Apr-2015 23:16

Hi,

Go to Setup Home -> Objects -> User object.

In Templates section, you will find 'Welcome to Progress Rollbase' which will be used to send welcome email when user is created. You can modify that template based on your requirements.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra.G

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 07-Apr-2015 11:14

Hi Jayson,

Based from the source code, the template for the first user uses the default template on the USER object. This object is installed to customer tenants via the Published Application "Rollbase". So if you're on private cloud, you can follow the steps below to update the template:

1. Create a new customer tenant to ensure the zone is using the latest "Rollbase" application.
2. Login to the customer tenant.
3. Update the "Welcome to Progress Rollbase" email template in USER object.
3. Generate an application XML.
4. Login to the master tenant.
5. Go to System Console > Published Apps and edit "Rollbase" record.
6. Upload the new Application XML of Rollbase. Save.

Regards,
Godfrey

Posted by pvorobie on 07-Apr-2015 11:16

That template comes as part of system "Progress Rollbase" application.

Posted by pvorobie on 07-Apr-2015 11:18

Can you share your template, particularly text which says "Welcome to Progress Rollbase" ?

Posted by jsniemi79 on 07-Apr-2015 13:05

It was from the user object on the default "Rollbase" application.  Once I removed that from the published apps and set my own app to be installed, my notification worked as expected.  Now I just need to get past the hanging error on the setup from my other thread.

This thread is closed