Updating App via XML did not remove generic tabs

Posted by jsniemi79 on 06-Apr-2015 08:18

I have an application that is fully locked.  I needed to replace two generic tabs on the application.  I made my changes in my control copy and generated the new XML.  When I went to the other tenant to update the application, it didn't remove the generic tabs that are no longer part of the application.  Since the application was locked, I can't just remove them manually, although for some reason, one of them shows that I can remove it, while the other does not.  

You can see from the image below, the update time on the last two tabs is from last week, while everything else was updated correctly this morning.  Is this expected behavior?  If so, how do I get rid of tabs in a situation like this?

All Replies

Posted by Gian Torralba on 06-Apr-2015 09:57

Hello,

Can you explain this further. "Since the application was locked, I can't just remove them manually, although for some reason, one of them shows that I can remove it, while the other does not.".

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by jsniemi79 on 06-Apr-2015 10:21

Hi Gian,

In the screen shot above, the last two tabs are from the previous version.  The dashboard tab shows the edit/del/remove actions, while the Reports tab shows locked.  I believe I figured out why that is showing that way.

I am curious if the update from XML should remove the tabs automatically if they were removed from the source XML though.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 06-Apr-2015 10:45

Hello,

It depends, If your source application's generated XML is "fully locked", it should have been removed from the target application. I just tested this now and is working fine. If it is not "fully locked" you have the option of manually removing the deleted components in the source application by checking the "deleted from application" section in the update XML page of your target application.

Posted by pvorobie on 06-Apr-2015 11:49

To delete any Application's element (including Generic Tab) during update process you need to select that element in Application tree. Elements which are no longer included in Application are marked by "-" icon.

Documentation: documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

This thread is closed