Attach button not being displayed despite being selected on

Posted by IramK on 11-Mar-2015 07:18

Hello,

I have a relationship between two objects and I was wanting to attach the related record from one to the other. However I dont see the attach button being available to me despite selecting the "Enable Attach" checkbox in the design page. I even cloned that object and checked to see if the attach button gets available and it doesn't for some unknown reason. Any possible explanation to this?

Posted by pvorobie on 31-Mar-2015 11:22

Agree: tracking as PSC00330141

Thanks,
Pavel

[collapse]
From: Godfrey Sorita
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 6:47 AM
To: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
Cc: Robert McDonald; Murali Mohan; Pavel Vorobiev
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Attach button not being displayed despite being selected on the View Page

While this is true for Invoice and Line Item relationship, it may be different for other relationships like Question and Answer. Assuming the relationship carnality is Many-to-Many, the Attach Button can be used to attach the dependent record to other core object records.

In my opinion, we should not bother hiding the button when dependent property is enabled because dependent records can still be assigned to other records via edit page. A simpler approach in configuring the button is for customers to use the Show Attach Button property in UI pages.

Regards,
Godfrey

[collapse]