Cannot get button to open a custom "new" page from

Posted by jsniemi79 on 06-Mar-2015 13:37

I have an accounts object where I'm trying to att a button that simply opens a new window to create a new task.  I cloned the new task view.

On my account object, I created a button that opens a url

When i click on my button on the account page, it takes me to the view of my accounts rather than my new page. 

My console and my page url show that tried to navigate to the correct page, but I don't get to see that on screen.

If I do the exact same scenario except change the link to the default new page, it works perfectly.

Am I missing something?

All Replies

Posted by pvorobie on 06-Mar-2015 14:04

Where did you get this LINK template token? I think it's a wrong one. Please find "URL to New Record Page" token which looks like this: {!#LINK.objName#new}

Posted by pvorobie on 06-Mar-2015 14:06

If you wish to open a link in pop-up window use window.open JavaScript instead of opening URL.

Posted by jsniemi79 on 06-Mar-2015 14:09

I don't want to go to the default new page. I want to go a custom new page instead.  I got the token from the drop down in the template helper section.

Is this possible?

Posted by Gian Torralba on 06-Mar-2015 14:12

Hello,

Yes you can use that one. Everytime you create/clone a page you will have a new token url.

Thank you,

Gian

Posted by pvorobie on 06-Mar-2015 14:16

I created button which uses URL template token and it seems to work as expected. I don't see a problem.

Posted by jsniemi79 on 06-Mar-2015 14:18

Mine isn't.  I guess I'll create another page and see if I can get that one to work.

Posted by jsniemi79 on 06-Mar-2015 14:27

Did you try a cloned page or the standard new/edit,etc?  I can get the new to work, but it doesn't appear to work with any of my cloned pages.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 06-Mar-2015 14:43

Hello,

I just tried creating a link and it redirects me to the correct cloned page. Can you try a sample link in any page try creating an "<a></a> element with the cloned new page token inside. What version of Rollbase are you using?

Thank you,

Gian

Posted by jsniemi79 on 06-Mar-2015 14:45

I'm on v3.1.0, but will be going to 3.2.0 when it is available.  I switch from the URL option to using JavaScript to open the page and it is working that way.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 10-Mar-2015 09:52

Hello,

If you still want to use the "open url using popup". Can you give us access to your application so that we can debug the issue? I can't seem to replicate this on my end.

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by jsniemi79 on 11-Mar-2015 07:35

I have some clients in there right now on a trial. It is working the way I have it set up.  once the trial is over, I'll try and remember to get you some access.  I believe I have your direct email Gian.  I'll send you the login information that way if you don't mind.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 11-Mar-2015 10:36

Hello,

Sure thing. Just me give me access to your application whenever you are available.

Thanks,
Gian

This thread is closed