SOAP Encoding in BulkCreateUpdate

Posted by matman on 02-Mar-2015 06:27

Hello,

I am writing a C# application that gets data from an old database and imports it into Rollbase. To do this I'm using SOAP. In the Rollbase User's Guide, it sais that the function bulkCreateUpdate (the function I use to import the data) uses ISO-8859-1 encoding as a standard. Different choises that can be made in the import map are UTF-8 and US-ASCII.

When I generate my CSV string, I have used all differen encodings.But when i send this string to Rollbase, some characters, like ë, come out looking like Ã<< when using ISO, of ï¿1/2 of some other kind of strange character. 

The standard endcoding of the soap envelope to rollbase is set to utf-8, but like I said, utf-8 also gives wrong characters. The strange this is, when I paste my string into a .csv file with the correct encoding and upload it manually, the character is displayed correctly.

Can anyone help me to find where the problem is, and what settings I must change to import my data correctly?

Regards

Posted by Mani Kumar on 02-Mar-2015 08:38

Hi Matman,

Here the  UTF-8 encoding is imported as UTF-8 interpreted as ANSI encoding when BulkCreateUpdate is used.

This is a known defect # PSC00326823 and will be available in the upcoming 3.2 release.

Regards,

Mani.

All Replies

Posted by Mani Kumar on 02-Mar-2015 08:38

Hi Matman,

Here the  UTF-8 encoding is imported as UTF-8 interpreted as ANSI encoding when BulkCreateUpdate is used.

This is a known defect # PSC00326823 and will be available in the upcoming 3.2 release.

Regards,

Mani.

Posted by matman on 01-Apr-2015 05:17

Hello,

The fixed worked great, but for one thing. € doesn't work. ISO-8859-1 doesn't support € sign, so when I try to import this, it displays either a ? or nothing. How can I fix this?

Posted by Pradeep Kagithalagudem on 23-Apr-2015 07:09

Hi,

Can you let us know if you are using private cloud. If so please add below line in shared.properties file and restart. Make sure UTF-8 is the first entry.

Encodings=UTF-8,ISO-8859-1,US-ASCII

Thanks and Regards

Pradeep

This thread is closed