SAVE DATA

Posted by clga29261 on 01-Mar-2015 18:49

SCENARIO: the user is in new/edit page record:

1. example there are four fields(2 required and 2 non req). 1 required and non reqiured filed didnt put value and the other has.when the user is idle or 30 minutes inactivity, the session expired. right?

how that page save? when the user login again, he/she return to that page?

Thanks..

i need answer soon.

All Replies

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 02-Mar-2015 10:15

Hi Marcelo,

The minutes of inactivity before expiring a user session depends on the current security level of the customer tenant. There are 3 security levels (Low, Medium, High). On private cloud, the default value is 4 hours (240 minutes) for all security levels but this can be configured from the securityLevel.xml. You can check your settings by going to Setup Home>Account Settings.

Also, the data on the page is not saved when the session expires.

Regards,
Godfrey

Posted by clga29261 on 02-Mar-2015 20:20

how to save the data in create/edit page when session expires?

[collapse]
On 3 March 2015 at 00:15, Godfrey Sorita <bounce-gsorita@community.progress.com> wrote:
Reply by Godfrey Sorita
Hi Marcelo,

The minutes of inactivity before expiring a user session depends on the current security level of the customer tenant. There are 3 security levels (Low, Medium, High). On private cloud, the default value is 4 hours (240 minutes) for all security levels but this can be configured from the securityLevel.xml. You can check your settings by going to Setup Home>Account Settings.

Also, the data on the page is not saved when the session expires.

Regards,
Godfrey
Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 03-Mar-2015 08:45

Unfortunately this feature is not yet supported in Rollbase. Please file an enhancement request by submitting an idea on the ideas section of the community (community.progress.com/.../default.aspx).

For detailed information on how to submit an Idea please visit our knowledgebase at:  knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P11255.

If you want to implement this on a specific page, you can use the below script. This will save the data of specific fields after 3 seconds (depending on the value of delayMs). You should set the variable a few minutes before the session expires. 

<script>
  var delayMS = 3000; 
  $(function() {
    setTimeout(saveData,delayMS);
  });

var objName = "another_object", id = {!id};
  function saveData() {
    alert("Saving Data...");
    firstName = rbf_getFieldValue(fieldName); //get the current value of firstName
    rbf_setField(objName, id, "firstName", firstName, false); //set the value of firstName
    /* Add more rbf_setField here */
  }
</script>

Posted by clga29261 on 03-Mar-2015 20:22

Hi Mr. Godfrey,

for example: (in hospital using rollbase application).

the nurse will create a new medical record for a patient that has already record to the hospital. while filling fields, some fields is empty whether is required or not.the the nurse is inactivity. when she/he came back the new page where he/she filling up when she/he login again because session is expired, the date is lost, i mean, she/he need to click again the new button and type again the data.

so this feature is still not yet supported in rollbase?

am i right???
thank you sir.. i will echo this one to my senior dev.i will look forward to your answer as soon as possible. because we have so many objects and tabs..thanks again sir.. God Bless

Posted by clga29261 on 03-Mar-2015 20:25

Hi Mr. Godfrey,

the nurse will create a new medical record for a patient that has already record to the hospital. while filling fields, some fields is empty whether is required or not.the the nurse is inactivity. when she/he came back the new page where he/she filling up when she/he login again because session is expired, the data is lost, i mean, she/he need to click again the new button and type again the data.

am i right???
thank you sir.. i will echo this one to my senior dev.i will look forward to your answer as soon as possible. because we have so many objects and tabs..thanks again sir.. God Bless

[collapse]
On 4 March 2015 at 10:22, clga29261 <bounce-clga29261@community.progress.com> wrote:
Reply by clga29261
Hi Mr. Godfrey,

the nurse will create a new medical record for a patient that has already record to the hospital. while filling fields, some fields is empty whether is required or not.the the nurse is inactivity. when she/he came back the new page where he/she filling up when she/he login again because session is expired, the date is lost, i mean, she/he need to click again the new button and type again the data.

am i right???

[/collapse]

Posted by clga29261 on 03-Mar-2015 21:46

hi Sir?

where this file or data saved?

Thanks,

[collapse]
On 3 March 2015 at 22:46, Godfrey Sorita <bounce-gsorita@community.progress.com> wrote:
Reply by Godfrey Sorita

Unfortunately this feature is not yet supported in Rollbase. Please file an enhancement request by submitting an idea on the ideas section of the community (community.progress.com/.../default.aspx).

For detailed information on how to submit an Idea please visit our knowledgebase at:  knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P11255.

If you want to implement this on a specific page, you can use the below script. This will save the data of specific fields after 3 seconds (depending on the value of delayMs). You should set the variable a few minutes before the session expires. 

<script>
  var delayMS = 3000; 
  $(function() {
  });

function saveData() {
    alert("Saving Data...");
    rbf_setField(objName, id, "firstName", firstName, false); //set the value of firstName
  }
</script>

[/collapse]

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 04-Mar-2015 09:27

Yes, this feature is not yet supported. If you're on private cloud, you can adjust the "minutes of inactivity before expiring a user session" parameter on securityLevel.xml. Increasing the value will give plenty of time for the user to complete the data in the form.

Also, can you elaborate your question "where this file or data saved?". Thanks!

Posted by clga29261 on 08-Mar-2015 23:22

i mean in your statement here sir

If you want to implement this on a specific page, you can use the below script. "This will save the data of specific fields after 3 seconds (depending on the value of delayMs). You should set the variable a few minutes before the session expires. 

<script>
  var delayMS = 3000; 
  $(function() {
  });

function saveData() {
    alert("Saving Data...");
  }
</script>

[collapse]
On 4 March 2015 at 23:28, Godfrey Sorita <bounce-gsorita@community.progress.com> wrote:
Reply by Godfrey Sorita
Yes, this feature is not yet supported. If you're on private cloud, you can adjust the "minutes of inactivity before expiring a user session" parameter on securityLevel.xml. Increasing the value will give plenty of time for the user to complete the data in the form.

Also, can you elaborate your question "where this file or data saved?". Thanks!

[/collapse]

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 09-Mar-2015 15:37

The data will be saved to the database. If your session expires after 30 minutes, you should set the delay to 29 minutes to make sure the fields will be updated.

This thread is closed