Can you display only a single section from a page?

Posted by jsniemi79 on 26-Feb-2015 12:59

I have an edit page I created that I would like to add more like a standard quick create page.  In order to do this, I would like to call this edit page from another page and open it as a "popup".  When I do this, i would ultimately like to be able to get rid of everything except the one section on this edit page.

Right now, it will open this:

I would like it to only display this:

Is it possible to do something like this?

All Replies

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 26-Feb-2015 14:59

Hi,

Currently it not an existing functionality of Rollbase but I created a workaround that maybe you can use to achieve this.

1. You create a separate Edit page so that it will not take effect on normal editing of the page and in that newly created edit page specify the code below: *added the CSS since it is outside the body tag now to look like it is the same font

<style>
form {
	font-family: Lato, Helvetica, Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif;
	color: #4c4c4c;
	font-size: 12px;
}
</style>
<script>
	$(document).ready(function() {
	$("form[name='theForm']").appendTo("html");
	$("body").hide();
});
</script>

2. In a page where you want to open the popup specify this code. Change the {!#LINK.object_a#23947} this can be found through object definition > Pages > Click on Page Name of your edit page and {!R24207.id} is the record ID that you want to edit, in this example it is the related record of my current object.

<button onclick="editB();"> Edit B </button>
<script>
function editB() {
  window.open("{!#LINK.object_a#23947}&id={!R24207.id}", 'Edit Page', 'WIDTH=650, HEIGHT=600, RESIZABLE=YES, SCROLLBARS=YES, TOOLBAR=YES, MENUBAR=YES, LEFT=20, TOP=20');
}
</script>

Hope this may help.

Regards,

Orchid

Posted by jsniemi79 on 26-Feb-2015 15:50

Perfect.  Thanks for your help Orchid!

For what it's worth, I was able to get the edit link done by simply referencing the edit page like this:

{!#LINK.R24207#23947}

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 26-Feb-2015 15:59

Yes that is much easier, I was thinking of using {!#LINK.object_a#23947} can be use to different objects since it does not specifies relationship name, but then thinking over I must change the value in ID, :D  which still reference to related record... yours is much better.

Regards,

Orchid

This thread is closed