Rollbase Record View List filtering for specific date

Posted by freddieb@qbcon.com on 26-Feb-2015 06:12

I make use of  calendar.fullCalendar as a script  with $(document).ready(function().

I also have an object list view with a date field in the object. How can I reload the list view to show only the records where the date correspond with the  dayClick function of the calendar? (In other words to change the filter "on the fly" and to reopen the view with the value of the date picked)

Posted by Gian Torralba on 26-Feb-2015 10:59

Hello,

I'll summarize the steps below. This is just a sample so you need to test this one out for yourself.

1. Create a detailed search component.

2. Configure it so that it will have the date field filter you need.

3. If you click the Search button, you will be redirected to the search results page. with the search results list view.

4. You can set the onclick function of your calendar to submit this search form so it always filter after clicking on a specific date.

5. Just replicate the calendar script on the search result page so that it will be the same with the page before.

6. Hide the search detail section using javascript/Jquery code or a rollbase method.

rbf_getSectionIdByTitle('name_of_section');

rbf_showOrHideSection(sectionId, showSection);

or

$("#id").hide();

Note: I removed the AJAX part since it might be more complicated to use.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Gian

All Replies

Posted by Gian Torralba on 26-Feb-2015 07:51

Hello,

You cannot do this in Rollbase unless you do a a little customization? What exactly do you want to do? What I am thinking is creating an AJAX script that will submit a hidden detailed search component and then rendering the list view using AJAX to replace the current one.

Hope this helps,
Gian

Posted by freddieb@qbcon.com on 26-Feb-2015 08:18

Hi Gian,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am new to Rollbase( about 2 months). Can you please explain to me want you mean by "submit a hidden detailed search component" and "rendering the list to replace current one" by means of short code examples? or please put me on track with a little customization.  Thank you in advance.

Freddie

Posted by Gian Torralba on 26-Feb-2015 10:59

Hello,

I'll summarize the steps below. This is just a sample so you need to test this one out for yourself.

1. Create a detailed search component.

2. Configure it so that it will have the date field filter you need.

3. If you click the Search button, you will be redirected to the search results page. with the search results list view.

4. You can set the onclick function of your calendar to submit this search form so it always filter after clicking on a specific date.

5. Just replicate the calendar script on the search result page so that it will be the same with the page before.

6. Hide the search detail section using javascript/Jquery code or a rollbase method.

rbf_getSectionIdByTitle('name_of_section');

rbf_showOrHideSection(sectionId, showSection);

or

$("#id").hide();

Note: I removed the AJAX part since it might be more complicated to use.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Gian

Posted by freddieb@qbcon.com on 27-Feb-2015 01:23

Good Morning Gian.

You are a star!!

Thanks for your help.

I got it working as you explained.

Freddie

This thread is closed