Rollbase LDF function set within rollbase table

Posted by Wim on 13-Feb-2015 10:31

Hello,  We need the data to be separated By Headquarter, Entrepreneur (180) where each entrepreneur has many location/based company´s. Can LDF functionality in rollbase establish this  

All Replies

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 13-Feb-2015 11:52

Hi Wim,

Are the objects you've mentioned(Headquarter, Entrepreneur, Company) hierarchical in nature? Below is an Org Chart on how I imagine their hierarchy:

Regards,

Godfrey

Posted by Wim on 13-Feb-2015 16:48

Yes precisely, that’s the structure

Met vriendelijke groet,

Wim Hassink
+ 31 (0) 6 - 51 61 92 85

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht onterecht ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en de afzender direct te informeren door dit bericht te retourneren.

The information contained in this message may be confidential and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents herein and notify the sender immediately by returning this message.

Van: Godfrey Sorita [mailto:bounce-gsorita@community.progress.com]
Verzonden: vrijdag 13 februari 2015 18:54
Aan: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
Onderwerp: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Rollbase LDF function set within rollbase table

Reply by Godfrey Sorita

Hi Wim,

Are the objects you've mentioned(Headquarter, Entrepreneur, Company) hierarchical in nature? Below is an Org Chart on how I imagine their hierarchy:

Regards,

Godfrey

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by Wim on 13-Feb-2015 16:49

Yes very correct, this is exactly the case.

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 16-Feb-2015 08:54

I would suggest choosing 1 object from LDF (Location, Department, Function) to store the hierarchy. This way, you will be able to display the hierarchy without any coding. Simply assign the correct parent records to produce a tree similar to below:

Then, the object should have a trigger to create/update a "Group" object record with the same data and attach the source. For this example, I will assume you will use Location object from LDF. If "Entrep 1a" Location record is created, an "Entrep 1a" Group record will also be created and attached to "Enter 1a" location. 

Group records are assigned to User records to define the level of access they will have. Fox example, if a user is assigned to "HQ1" group, he will have access to object records with "Organization Management" attribute enabled and location assigned to "HQ1" and other child records under it.

This thread is closed