Change the href for email addresses globally

Posted by IramK on 12-Feb-2015 09:00

Hello,

When we create an email field and save a record with say abc@hello.com as the email address. On clicking on that link, it automatically opens up the Rollbase email window. What we would like to do is instead of it trying to open the Rollbase email window, we would like it to change the href from : 

<a href="../m/send.jsp?act=clean&amp;id=12345&amp;objDefId=12345&amp;to=abc%40hello.com">abc@hello.com</a>

to 

<a href="mailto:abc@hello.com">abc@hello.com</a>

so that it opens the email in Outlook for us. We've tried doing that onload of a page and that works but we would like to do it as a global setting for all of our applications without needing to keep doing it onload for each and every page. We are using Private Cloud and would like to know if there a setting somewhere that we could change to make this amendment globally across Rollbase. Looking forward to your suggestions.

Cheers.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 12-Feb-2015 13:21

Hello,

If you are using a template field with the custom ahref inside. It should always use the mailto function and not redirect to the rollbase part.

Regards,
Gian

All Replies

Posted by Gian Torralba on 12-Feb-2015 10:16

Hello,

Why not create a template field with the email token inside?

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by IramK on 12-Feb-2015 10:30

It gives the result ok but when I go to that record it still opens up the Rollbase email window.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Posted by Gian Torralba on 12-Feb-2015 13:21

Hello,

If you are using a template field with the custom ahref inside. It should always use the mailto function and not redirect to the rollbase part.

Regards,
Gian

Posted by IramK on 13-Feb-2015 03:46

Yes ok I think that works properly now. I wish there was a setting that we could change for an email field where we could specify the href component of it rather than using a template field to do that. Hopefully something for the future :)

This thread is closed