Using Portal Authentication In Mobile Application

Posted by ithrees on 10-Feb-2015 03:57

Hi All,

Is it possible to use the portal authentication services for the mobile application login so the users with portal visitor attribute can log in to the mobile system? In other way I can say that I create a mobile app and to share it with the users I make them as record of an object that has portal visitor attribute.

If this is possible please say how to do it?

Thanks in advance,
Ithrees

All Replies

Posted by Tom Kincaid on 13-Feb-2015 10:56

Hi,

Would you mind reposting this on the rollbase forum? I apologize, we are working through a process where we can do this automatically. I will watch for your post over there and be sure you get an answer.

Thanks,

Tom

Posted by Ranjana sinha on 16-Feb-2015 00:36

Hi,

In the application Edit page of the mobile app in Rollbase we have a section named "Authentication details". In that section we have a dropdown wherein we can select either "user" object or objects with portal visitor attribute. But this feature is available only in private cloud.

Please let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Ranjana Sinha

Posted by ithrees on 27-Mar-2015 01:22

Hi Ranjana,

This works for me on the basis of login but when I update a record from mobile it says "Guest" in the updated by field of the record. Is there anything else I have to do to get the portal user in the updated by field?

Thank You,

Ithrees

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 27-Mar-2015 01:41

Portal Users are mapped to Guest User if the Portal Authentication is not based on User Object. This is the way Portal functionality is designed. If you enable Audit Trail you can see the Portal user

This thread is closed