When going to design mode Rollbase gives a null pointer exce

Posted by Aede Hoekstra on 29-Jan-2015 02:56

When I go the design mode of an edit page I get a system error: java.lang.NullpointerException. I probably made a mistake in a custom script on the page, but now I'm not able to correct it because I can't reach the script. Any workarounds for this problem?

On the page itself I see also a not expected null value:

Posted by wweultjes on 29-Jan-2015 08:25

Hello Aede,

We have had this problem in our environment before. Exporting the app to xml and importing it again solved our problem. Don't forget to export import the translations as well.

Regards,

Wilco.

All Replies

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 29-Jan-2015 03:25

Are you on Public Cloud ? If yes please share your loginName.

If not please attach logs of this customer..

Posted by Aede Hoekstra on 29-Jan-2015 03:38

Hi Anoop,

I'm on a private cloud, what kind of logs are you interested in?

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 29-Jan-2015 04:21

Login as Administrator in Master Zone. Go to System Console App.

In First Tab - System Tab, click on tab to get Tab Menu and select "Master Zone"

There click on "Logs related to all customer"

in the pop-up view latest AllErrors.log. Save and attach the file here

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 29-Jan-2015 06:38

Hi Aede,

If you can clone this page, you might be able to remove the script. Then use "Save and Synchronize" from the cloned page to the original page.

Regards,
Godfrey

Posted by Aede Hoekstra on 29-Jan-2015 07:42

Hi Godfrey,

When cloning the page I get the same error...

@ Anoop:

This is the error from the main.log

[2015-01-29 14:36:03,518] ===> Error in thread http-bio-8080-exec-23 at 01/29/2015 02:36 PM [User: Aede Hoekstra]

[2015-01-29 14:36:03,518] java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.rb.core.ui.web.cell.ScriptControl.toEditorJS(ScriptControl.java:43)

at com.rb.core.ui.web.PageSection.toEditorJS(PageSection.java:613)

at com.rb.core.ui.web.WebPage.toEditorJS(WebPage.java:1547)

at org.apache.jsp.designer.pageEdit_jsp._jspService(pageEdit_jsp.java:731)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:432)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:390)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:334)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at com.rb.util.web.NoCacheFilter.doFilter(NoCacheFilter.java:41)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:953)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:409)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1044)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:315)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 29-Jan-2015 07:58

Thanks. As you guessed right, it looks like we are not handling such "invalid" scripts very well.

Will file a bug for this. We are still looking at a workaround for you to get around this till that time.

Posted by wweultjes on 29-Jan-2015 08:25

Hello Aede,

We have had this problem in our environment before. Exporting the app to xml and importing it again solved our problem. Don't forget to export import the translations as well.

Regards,

Wilco.

Posted by pvorobie on 29-Jan-2015 11:41

Issue created: PSC00326165

Posted by Aede Hoekstra on 11-Feb-2015 05:22

The export and import workaround works. But is a little time consuming... also because the export import of translations is not working properly...(issue: PSC00315792)

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 11-Feb-2015 06:17

Hi Aede,

Defect PSC00326165 will be fixed in version 3.2.0.0.

Regards,
Godfrey

This thread is closed