Issue with Batch Job not running daily

Posted by jsniemi79 on 12-Jan-2015 09:45

Several times in different customer tennants, I have setup a batch job to perform daily maintenance.  When I save the record and leave the administration page, it correctly states the next run time for later that day.  Then randomly, the field is reset and the batch doesn't run.  I don't have specific steps to recreate this, but it seems to happen fairly often.  Has anyone else seen this and know how to stop it from happening?

All Replies

Posted by Gian Torralba on 12-Jan-2015 09:55

Hello,

For the batch job to run, you must set the run date in the future. The specified date will change based on the occurrence you set in that batch job record after the first specified date. Also, you can check the system logs if it did run the batch job or it encountered any issues preventing it from running.

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by jsniemi79 on 12-Jan-2015 10:21

I did set it to run in the future.  The screenshot I included is a batch that had actually run for a few days.  I believe I made a change to the time and saved it.  Then it completely stopped running.  I didn't check the logs, but the data that it should have created had stopped since the date it was updated.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 12-Jan-2015 14:45

Hello,

Can you set it again and observe it. Kindly set the date in the future and it should also show in the logs that it ran.

Thank you,

Gian

Posted by jsniemi79 on 12-Jan-2015 15:00

Yes, I have set it to run again and it will most likely work just fine.  The issue is it randomly stops working.  I'm not sure if it is tied to the batch job being updated or not as sometimes it continues to process, while sometimes it does not.  To me, there is clearly a bug in there somewhere that is causing this, but I can't duplicate it regularly.  I'm curious if anyone else has run across this same scenario.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 13-Jan-2015 07:29

Hello,

Can you create a support ticket for this so that the development team can handle, observe and check your instance?

Thank you,
Gian

This thread is closed