Mobile App Development for Private Cloud

Posted by HosnyA on 08-Jan-2015 08:58

We have a private cloud installation and we are having issues logging into the mobile applications developer as we had trial accounts with progress which have expired now. Can you guide us please?

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 08-Jan-2015 09:17

Hi HosnyA,

Can you please elaborate on the problems you are experiencing. Like any specific errors or snapshots.

If I am not wrong you are trying to create couple of mobile applications (or work with mobile functionality) from Rollbase Private Cloud environment by giving your Rollbase Public cloud (rollbase.com) credentials. If yes, then there should not be any expiration issue (with respect to credentials) if you have a valid Private cloud license for Rollbase.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
From: HosnyA [mailto:bounce-HosnyA@community.progress.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2015 8:29 PM
To: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Mobile App Development for Private Cloud

Thread created by HosnyA

We have a private cloud installation and we are having issues logging into the mobile applications developer as we had trial accounts with progress which have expired now. Can you guide us please?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Ricardo Perdigao on 08-Jan-2015 09:21

You should contact the Progress Sales Account Executive that works with your company and discuss/request an extension to your trial account.

Warm Regards,

Ricardo Perdigao

[collapse]
From: Anil Kumar [mailto:bounce-anikumar@community.progress.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2015 10:18 AM
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Mobile App Development for Private Cloud

Reply by Anil Kumar
Hi HosnyA,

Can you please elaborate on the problems you are experiencing. Like any specific errors or snapshots.

If I am not wrong you are trying to create couple of mobile applications (or work with mobile functionality) from Rollbase Private Cloud environment by giving your Rollbase Public cloud (rollbase.com) credentials. If yes, then there should not be any expiration issue (with respect to credentials) if you have a valid Private cloud license for Rollbase.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2015 8:29 PM
Subject: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Mobile App Development for Private Cloud

Thread created by HosnyA

[/collapse][/collapse]

Posted by HosnyA on 08-Jan-2015 10:50

Hi,

Issue 1 - We are not sure what credentials to use when linking the private cloud to the mobile app development functionality (section 1 of the image attached). I'm assuming that we use our Progress trial Account Credentials.

We have multiple trial accounts, one which was used by the company and one which I created using my company email account. 

Issue 2 - When I use the trial account which I created using my company Account, I get the error in section 2 of the image attached.

Issue 3 - When I use the trial account which was created for the company, I am able successfuly able to save the credentials, However on the create mobile application page I  get the error in section 3 of the image attached.

Issue 4 - When I create the app in above form and save I get the error message in section 4 of the image attached.

Issue 5 - Our Progress trial has expired and would not let us modify any user accounts (section 5 of the image attached)

Posted by Anil Kumar on 09-Jan-2015 01:06

Hi HosnyA,

>> Issue 1 - We are not sure what credentials to use when linking the private cloud to the mobile app development functionality (section 1 of the image attached). I'm assuming that we use our Progress trial Account Credentials.
Please use any of the Pacific credentials in Mobile Development page for working with mobile functionality from Private cloud. Rollbase Private cloud which is an on-premise offering needs to talk to Cloud based mobile app builder and we need a valid Progress/Pacific credentials (need a valid credentials even they are expired). In other case you can create a new Progress/Pacific ID by clicking on click here available in the same Mobile Development page.

>> Issue 2 - When I use the trial account which I created using my company Account, I get the error in section 2 of the image attached.
I assume you are using a Private cloud build which is prior 3.1.0. Please upgrade your Private cloud build to 3.1.0 (released on 6th Dec 2014) or 3.1.3 (released on 3rd Jan 2015).
There were few issues in prior versions of Rollbase where in a Pacific credentials cannot be used in multiple Rollbase installations (or machines).

>>Issue 3 - When I use the trial account which was created for the company, I am able successfully able to save the credentials, However on the create mobile application page I  get the error in section 3 of the image attached.
Please restart the tomcat server and provide the credentials.

>> Issue 4 - When I create the app in above form and save I get the error message in section 4 of the image attached.
This problem is in continuation with Issue3. Once the issue3 is resolved this will not happen.

>> Issue 5 - Our Progress trial has expired and would not let us modify any user accounts (section 5 of the image attached)
Yes. You cannot perform any operations from Rollbase Public cloud with an expired account. However, this should not cause any problems for you to proceed further with Private cloud.

In summary if you want to proceed with current Rollbase Private cloud installation (which is available on your system), please restart the tomcat server (or re-install if this does not solve), register for a new Progress/Pacific ID by clicking on click here option available in Mobile Development page.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2015 10:21 PM
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Mobile App Development for Private Cloud

Reply by HosnyA

Hi,

Issue 1 - We are not sure what credentials to use when linking the private cloud to the mobile app development functionality (section 1 of the image attached). I'm assuming that we use our Progress trial Account Credentials.

We have multiple trial accounts, one which was used by the company and one which I created using my company email account. 

Issue 2 - When I use the trial account which I created using my company Account, I get the error in section 2 of the image attached.

Issue 3 - When I use the trial account which was created for the company, I am able successfuly able to save the credentials, However on the create mobile application page I  get the error in section 3 of the image attached.

Issue 4 - When I create the app in above form and save I get the error message in section 4 of the image attached.

Issue 5 - Our Progress trial has expired and would not let us modify any user accounts (section 5 of the image attached)

[/collapse]

This thread is closed