Problem with related lookup in a grid

Posted by Aede Hoekstra on 08-Jan-2015 06:02

Hi,

We have a problem with a related lookup in a grid. We have the following setup: Relation > Contacts

When selecting the a relation the overview of the contacts only displays the the contacts of the relation. Now when we manually type in the list of contacts all contacts of all relations are displayed. We expect that this list is also filtered. Is this a bug or is there another workaround for this?

Example:

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 27-Jan-2015 11:14

Hi,

There is an existing thread that is related to this one, see here https://community.progress.com/community_groups/rollbase/f/25/p/14764/52879.aspx#52879

Alternative way to make it work by using "rbf_setLookupFilter".
1. Go to Configure grid and set the onUpdate with your function in my sample is filterLookup(@@);

2. Save. Apply rbf_setLookupFilter in the script component with sample code below. Change the following codes:

R111029 --> Parent lookup (Warehouse) in grid, inspect element to get the integration name.
R130928 --> Dependent lookup (Product) in grid, inspect element the lookup to view integration name. See image
R56036 -- > This is an integration name of parent (warehouse) from Product Object. In my test, go to Product object definition and get the value of warehouse lookup integration name.

<script>
function filterLookup(rowIndex) {
	var parentId = rbf_getGridValue2(0, "R111029", rowIndex);
	console.log(parentId);
	if(parseInt(parentId) > 0) 
	{
		rbf_setLookupFilter("R130928_0_"+rowIndex, "R56036", parentId);
	}
	else 
	{
		rbf_setLookupFilter("R130928_0_"+rowIndex, "R56036", 1); //set to 1 for empty parent lookup
	}
}
</script>

* I added the else to handle empty parent lookup which is not in the previous thread.

Hope this may help.

Regards,
Orchid

All Replies

Posted by matman on 08-Jan-2015 06:51

Hi Aede, I've encountered this problem in the past as well and customized some Rollbase scripts so I could get this to work. Using this script you can get it work:

<script>
	function updateLookup(rowIndex) {
		var mainLookupId = "R116432077_0_" + rowIndex;
		var relationshipId = 116225885;
		var dependentLookupId = "R116432098_0_" + rowIndex;

customLookupChange(mainLookupId, relationshipId, dependentLookupId);
	}

function customLookupChange(mainLookupId, relationshipId, dependentLookupId) {
		var mainLookup = document.getElementById('' + mainLookupId);

if (!mainLookup) { return; }
		var buff = rbf_getAjaxURL()+'&cmd=relatedObjects&relId='+relationshipId+'&id='+mainLookup.value;
		var ajaxRreq=rbf_getXMLHTTPRequest();
		if (!ajaxRreq) return;
		ajaxRreq.onreadystatechange = function() {
			if (ajaxRreq.readyState != READY_STATE_COMPLETE) return;
			var resultStr = ajaxRreq.responseText;
			var resultArr = resultStr.split('\n');

var dependentLookup = document.getElementById('' + dependentLookupId);

if (!dependentLookup) { return; }
			var currValue = dependentLookup.value;
			while(dependentLookup.length > 1) { dependentLookup.options[1] = null; }
			if (dependentLookup.length > 0 && dependentLookup.options[0].value != '') { dependentLookup.options[0] = null; }
			var counter = 0;
			if (resultArr && resultArr.length >= 2) {
				var arrLen = resultArr.length;
				while (counter < arrLen) {
					var optionId = resultArr[counter++];
					if (counter>=arrLen) break;
					var optionName = resultArr[counter++];
					var newOpt = new Option(optionName, optionId);
					if (customLookupInitVal && customLookupInitVal.indexOf(optionId)>0) newOpt.selected=true;
					var selLength = dependentLookup.length;
					dependentLookup.options[selLength] = newOpt;
				}
			}
			if (customLookupInitVal) customLookupInitVal = null;
			else dependentLookup.value = currValue;
			customLookupInitVal = null;
			if (dependentLookup.onchange && currValue!=dependentLookup.value) dependentLookup.onchange();
		};
		ajaxRreq.open('GET', buff, true);
		ajaxRreq.setRequestHeader('Content-Type', 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8');
		ajaxRreq.send(null);
		return false;
	}

var customLookupInitVal;
</script>

All you must do now is replace "mainLookupId", "relationshipId" and the "dependentLookupId" variables with the corresponding IDs.Also, add updateLookup(@@); to your onCreate and onUpdate grid configuration!

Please let me know if this works for you. I would also appreciate it if you could upvote my idea, as I think this is a major issue with such a useful tool.

https://community.progress.com/community_groups/products_enhancements/i/rollbase/synchronize_grid_control_with_standard_rollbase_functionality.aspx

Posted by Aede Hoekstra on 08-Jan-2015 09:06

Hi matman!

I've voted on your idea! Thanks for the script, I've implemented but it doesn't work yet, i have some errors:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'undefined' of undefined

ajaxRreq.onreadystatechange

Points to this line of code:           dependentLookup.options[selLength] = newOpt;

Error appears when entering a relation (in the main lookup)

Posted by matman on 08-Jan-2015 09:20

Hi Aede, are you sure the lookup Ids are correct? They may be in a reverse order.

Also, I edited the code a bit. Here is an updated version:

<script>
	function updateLookup(gridNo, rowIndex) {
		var mainLookupId = "R116432077";
		var relationshipId = "116225885";
		var dependentLookupId = "R116432098";

customLookupChange(gridNo, rowIndex, mainLookupId, relationshipId, dependentLookupId);
	}

function customLookupChange(gridNo, rowIndex, mainLookupId, relationshipId, dependentLookupId) {
		var mainLookup = document.getElementById('' + mainLookupId + "_" + gridNo + "_" + rowIndex);

if (!mainLookup) { return; }
		var buff = rbf_getAjaxURL()+'&cmd=relatedObjects&relId='+relationshipId+'&id='+mainLookup.value;
		var ajaxRreq=rbf_getXMLHTTPRequest();
		if (!ajaxRreq) return;
		ajaxRreq.onreadystatechange = function() {
			if (ajaxRreq.readyState != READY_STATE_COMPLETE) return;
			var resultStr = ajaxRreq.responseText;
			var resultArr = resultStr.split('\n');

var dependentLookup = document.getElementById('' + dependentLookupId + "_" + gridNo + "_" + rowIndex);

if (!dependentLookup) { return; }
			var currValue = dependentLookup.value;
			while(dependentLookup.length > 1) { dependentLookup.options[1] = null; }
			if (dependentLookup.length > 0 && dependentLookup.options[0].value != '') { dependentLookup.options[0] = null; }
			var counter = 0;
			if (resultArr && resultArr.length >= 2) {
				var arrLen = resultArr.length;
				while (counter < arrLen) {
					var optionId = resultArr[counter++];
					if (counter>=arrLen) break;
					var optionName = resultArr[counter++];
					var newOpt = new Option(optionName, optionId);
					if (customLookupInitVal && customLookupInitVal.indexOf(optionId)>0) newOpt.selected=true;
					var selLength = dependentLookup.length;
					dependentLookup.options[selLength] = newOpt;
				}
			}
			if (customLookupInitVal) customLookupInitVal = null;
			else dependentLookup.value = currValue;
			customLookupInitVal = null;
			if (dependentLookup.onchange && currValue!=dependentLookup.value) dependentLookup.onchange();
		};
		ajaxRreq.open('GET', buff, true);
		ajaxRreq.setRequestHeader('Content-Type', 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8');
		ajaxRreq.send(null);
		return false;
	}

var customLookupInitVal;
</script>

Make sure to change  updateLookup(@@);  to  updateLookup(##, @@);

If it still doesn't work, try switching "mainLookupId" and "relatedLookupId". Also, did you add a try-catch? If you did  I should try that as well, perhaps you receive an error I've never encountered.

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 27-Jan-2015 11:14

Hi,

There is an existing thread that is related to this one, see here https://community.progress.com/community_groups/rollbase/f/25/p/14764/52879.aspx#52879

Alternative way to make it work by using "rbf_setLookupFilter".
1. Go to Configure grid and set the onUpdate with your function in my sample is filterLookup(@@);

2. Save. Apply rbf_setLookupFilter in the script component with sample code below. Change the following codes:

R111029 --> Parent lookup (Warehouse) in grid, inspect element to get the integration name.
R130928 --> Dependent lookup (Product) in grid, inspect element the lookup to view integration name. See image
R56036 -- > This is an integration name of parent (warehouse) from Product Object. In my test, go to Product object definition and get the value of warehouse lookup integration name.

<script>
function filterLookup(rowIndex) {
	var parentId = rbf_getGridValue2(0, "R111029", rowIndex);
	console.log(parentId);
	if(parseInt(parentId) > 0) 
	{
		rbf_setLookupFilter("R130928_0_"+rowIndex, "R56036", parentId);
	}
	else 
	{
		rbf_setLookupFilter("R130928_0_"+rowIndex, "R56036", 1); //set to 1 for empty parent lookup
	}
}
</script>

* I added the else to handle empty parent lookup which is not in the previous thread.

Hope this may help.

Regards,
Orchid

Posted by Aede Hoekstra on 29-Jan-2015 02:46

Thanks Orchid,

This works really nice! We were trying some different approaches but this is a very nice solution and easy to understand!

Regards,

Aede

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 29-Jan-2015 08:38

That's great that it works for you!

Cheers,

Orchid

This thread is closed