Commlog not relating to OpenEdge Object

Posted by SteveBos on 05-Jan-2015 09:53

Hello,

I'm looking for a simple work around for sending an email through the CommLog object and having it related to an OpenEdge Object. The issue we are running into is that the primary key field on the OE Object is a GUID (character) but the commlog Related to (Parent Object) is a Long. The ParentObject type should probably be a character to accommodate all data types and maybe this will turn into a defect, but for now, is there a way to update the Relationship field between the two objects? That field is also blank but if I could get it updated, I may be able to work with it instead.

Thanks.

All Replies

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 05-Jan-2015 11:18

Hi,

Relationship field, you mean the integration name of the lookup field? If you are referring to this field, this can be edited when you enter the Edit page of the field.

Regards,
Orchid

Posted by SteveBos on 05-Jan-2015 11:55

Yes. Sorry about that. What are you referring to on the field's edit page? I see a default value, but that can't be set. And I didn't mention this in my first email, but it's a bigger issue when sending an e-mail from the commlog since the send email page isn't something we can directly update (at least that I know of without adding code somewhere).

Thanks.

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 06-Jan-2015 12:00

I am referring to the edit page of field in the object definition where it is editable. See Image.

Not sure if we are looking in the same page, you can send screenshot so I can check it too.

Thanks,
Orchid

Posted by SteveBos on 06-Jan-2015 12:26

I'm not sure which part you are looking for so here it all is

Posted by SteveBos on 06-Jan-2015 12:28

My screen shots aren't displaying for some reason. I attached a file instead.

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 06-Jan-2015 12:34

I wan't to see whether which screen you are accessing to edit a field, I was thinking you want to edit something in the field so I looked into the edit view of a lookup field in the object definition (as the image above). It would be helpful for me to debug this issue too.

Regards,

Orchid

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 06-Jan-2015 12:37

I see, sorry I wasn't able to see the next comment a while ago. I am looking at it.

Regards,

Orchid

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 06-Jan-2015 12:45

This is the same page as I do. In the statement below where did you see that the field is blank, or is there a specific page you are looking to update it?

"is there a way to update the Relationship field between the two objects? That field is also blank but if I could get it updated, I may be able to work with it instead."

Regards,

Orchid

Posted by SteveBos on 06-Jan-2015 12:56

From the CommLog object, I added the lookup field for the OE object to the view page. But I couldn't find the records from the related OE object so I added a new tab with an All CommLog view to get to them.

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 06-Jan-2015 13:25

I think it is much better if we can have screen sharing and walk me through the issue.

Is it ok if I could send you invite for tomorrow?

Regards,

Orchid

Posted by SteveBos on 06-Jan-2015 13:36

Sure. Anytime but between 9:00-9:30 or 11:30-2:00 CST will work

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 06-Jan-2015 13:59

Hi Steve,

I already sent you the invite, let me know once you received it already.

Regards,
Orchid

Posted by Ricardo Rafols on 22-Jan-2015 06:42

Hi SteveBos,

I was already able to reproduce the issue in my environment.
Checking with Dev/QA and they confirmed that this is a defect.

Defect PSC00325687 has been filed for this issue.

Regards,
Ricardo

This thread is closed