Rollbase user name/ password vs API Key

Posted by anu31221@gmail.com on 01-Jan-2015 14:05

Hi

Problem statement: Every time when create the Lead through API , it logoff the user from UI.

Step to reproduce:

1> Login to Rollbase UI

2> Call the API to create record.

3>It automatically logoff the user from Rollbase UI.

Question

1> Do we have any solution where calling the API for a user will not logoff the same user login from Rollbase UI

All Replies

Posted by Sri Harsha on 01-Jan-2015 23:22

Hi,

Sorry i was not able to reproduce the issue with the steps mentioned.

What i had tried is

1. Login to my rollbase account in browser

2. Installed CRM application.

2. Logged in using the same credentials through the login api call from a rest client.

3. Executed createRecord api call for Lead object  (with only the required field 'lastname')

4. Went back to browser and observed my session is still active and the new Lead record has been created successfully.

Are you observing the issue everytime you use the createRecord API. And is it only for the Lead object type or same is the case with any objects ?

Thanks & Regards,

Harsha.

Posted by anu31221@gmail.com on 12-Jan-2015 13:02

Do y have concept to API Key, so that for creating the record into rollbase, user don't need to enter their user name and password.

If above don't work then do we have way to create a record with admin user then automatically assign to the user for which we received the record.

use case: Zone has mutiple user and each user is receving the lead independenlty.  We wanted to create the lead from PHP without asking for user name and password from each user. ( We will be knowing the user name)

Posted by pvorobie on 12-Jan-2015 13:10

We have concept of session ID which is created at login and is valid for period of time (typically 1 hour).

It is a good practice to mark user who's credentials are used to connect to Rollbase through API as "API Only Access".

Posted by anu31221@gmail.com on 12-Jan-2015 14:35

If we will create one user which will be used for api call then how we will reassign the lead record to one of the users in zone. This depends on for which user this lead came in

Posted by Tom Kincaid on 12-Jan-2015 14:37

Create a Role that has update access the lead record. Put the api user in that role.

[collapse]