How to hide submenu items?

Posted by matman on 15-Dec-2014 04:59

I have a submenu for which I edited the permissions so my user cannot see some of the items. But when I log into the user, I can actually see the items. Is there any way I could hide them?

Posted by Gian Torralba on 16-Dec-2014 10:20
Hello,

This is tracked as Defect #PSC00323708.

Thank you,
Gian

All Replies

Posted by pvorobie on 15-Dec-2014 10:36

What do you mean by "But when I log into the user" ?

Anyway, if you don't need particular sub-menu you can always delete it: use Tab Properties page.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 15-Dec-2014 12:52
Hello,

What Rollbase version are you using? Permissions can be applied to menus as well. Please read on how user permission works in the Rollbase User Guide: Chapter 9, Security and Access Control > User Roles and Permissions.

Thank you,
Gian
Posted by matman on 16-Dec-2014 02:52

I am using the latest version of public hosted Rollbase. I created a role called "Role test" and assigned it to one of my users. I edited the role so that my user can view menu "Products", but not the submenu item "DNS records" as you can see in the second picture of my first post. But when I log into that user I assigned "Role test" to, I can still view the submenu item.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 16-Dec-2014 08:45
Hello,

I tested this and it seems that the permissions is not being followed for sub menus. I will check if there is already an existing defect for this and if there is none, I will inform you.

Thank you,
Gian
Posted by smartsysISV on 16-Dec-2014 09:27

It should also have been a "condition rule" on both the menus and submenus.

I will put this in the idea-section.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 16-Dec-2014 10:20
Hello,

This is tracked as Defect #PSC00323708.

Thank you,
Gian
This thread is closed