Problem upgrading Rollbase Mobile app to 3.1

Posted by bheavican on 08-Dec-2014 13:49

We are running private cloud Rollbase, recently upgraded to 3.1 and we are trying to follow the instructions for upgrading our mobile application.  When we get to step 4 the designer just hangs.  Any ideas?

http://documentation.progress.com/output/mobile-app-builder/#page/mab/add-session-services-and-a-login-page-to-upgrade.html#

Posted by egarcia on 08-Dec-2014 13:58

Hello,

If you are using Rollbase, you only need to follow the steps in "Update projects with the template":

documentation.progress.com/.../mobile-app-builder

The steps in "Add Session Services and login page to upgraded apps" are only required for old OpenEdge Mobile projects.

Thanks.

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 08-Dec-2014 13:58

Hello,

If you are using Rollbase, you only need to follow the steps in "Update projects with the template":

documentation.progress.com/.../mobile-app-builder

The steps in "Add Session Services and login page to upgraded apps" are only required for old OpenEdge Mobile projects.

Thanks.

Posted by bheavican on 08-Dec-2014 14:01

Ok.  Well, then my project is probably toast.  But, I did create a backup.  How do I restore it?

Posted by egarcia on 08-Dec-2014 14:31

I am sorry that you ran into issues.

What changes did you get to do?

If you had only executed step 3 "delete the group of Session Services", you can add the Session Service back by actually importing the Progress_SessionEnablePhone (or Tablet) template into your template.

Still, if you are not sure of th changes, it might be easier to just use the backup.

You can create new mobile app from the backup using "Create from External Data" then "Mobile Project Backup".

See the following link for information on this option:

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

I hope this helps.

This thread is closed