Restoring backup

Posted by matman on 02-Dec-2014 03:53

The Rollbase User Guide states that I need to contact customer support if I want to restore a backup. I can't wait for support to help me every time I need to restore a backup. Is there any way I can do this myself?

Posted by Rajkumar Mateti on 02-Dec-2014 04:14

There is no way to Restore the backup yourself.

Only Super admin can do that.

Thanks,

Rajkumar

All Replies

Posted by Rajkumar Mateti on 02-Dec-2014 04:14

There is no way to Restore the backup yourself.

Only Super admin can do that.

Thanks,

Rajkumar

Posted by matman on 02-Dec-2014 09:09

Okay, so do you or anyone else have experience with how much time that would take?

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 02-Dec-2014 14:38

Restoration time may depend on the file size of .zip. I tried in my private cloud with backup file size 1563 KB, took me less than a minute.

Regards,
Orchid

Posted by Rajkumar Mateti on 02-Dec-2014 23:05

Hi Matman,

What orchid said is correct. It depends on backup file size. it takes around 6 minutes for 2GB backup file size.

Thanks,

Rajkumar

Posted by matman on 03-Dec-2014 02:43

Hey, thanks for your responses. I'm sorry for the miscommunication, what I actually meant to ask was how long it would take Progress to restore my backup. If I make a mistake I would like to be able to restore it immediately, but now it's only possible by contacting Progress.

Posted by matman on 04-Dec-2014 03:01

I hope I didn't offend anyone by asking that.

Posted by matman on 04-Dec-2014 04:17

So how and who should I contact when I want to restore my backup?

Posted by Rajkumar Mateti on 04-Dec-2014 04:28

Hi Matman,

Please raise a support request to restore your backup.

Thanks,

Rajkumar

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 04-Dec-2014 07:41

Just in case you want to restore a backup file, you can reach the COM team through here rollbase-com@progress.com

I could not be sure if restoration will be done immediately or with some scheduling process.

Regards,

Orchid

This thread is closed