How to run two versions of application and sync them?

Posted by matman on 24-Nov-2014 09:33

I was wondering if there is any automatic way of creating a staging and live version of my application with functionalities to sync between these two?

I can also do it the manual way, but that seems an awful lot of work.

Posted by Santosh Patel on 25-Nov-2014 03:07

You cannot have 2 versions of the same application functional inside a single tenant in Rollbase.

What you are asking for is possible via the  following ways only in Rollbase Hosted cloud

- You are an ISV Partner in which case what Orchid said above is your way forward

- You have two tenants in rollbase.com (one for development and one for production) and you can then leverage the export/import application functionality to keep the applications in sync.

Note that as an ISV Partner you get a private app directory which helps you to publish your application changes across all your customers.

OR

You could move to Rollbase Private Cloud which does away with all limitations that you are seeing.

Posted by Santosh Patel on 25-Nov-2014 03:47

Yes (one account to develop and one to act as the live production instance)

You can view our pricing details here... www.progress.com/.../rollbase-hosted-cloud

All Replies

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 24-Nov-2014 11:58

Hi,

There is something similar to this and is available to ISV partners. The functionality will be having an updated XML in your ISV account and you have the action "Push Updates". Whoever has the same App installed from tenants will be synced to the latest XML from the ISV account. Versions are also kept and can be rolled back.

See Chapter 13: Setup and Administration for ISVs > Pushing Application Updates to Other Tenants. Here

Regards,

Orchid

Posted by matman on 25-Nov-2014 02:35

Hi Orchid, I actually published my application, but I'm not an ISV so I guess that won't succeed.

We're trying to keep our application under one Rollbase tenant / account, so we can have shared records. We separate the different kinds of records using LDF permissions. So what we are trying to reach is having two versions of one application under the same account, one that's "in developing" state and one that's "in use" state. Is there any way we could do so?

Posted by Santosh Patel on 25-Nov-2014 03:07

You cannot have 2 versions of the same application functional inside a single tenant in Rollbase.

What you are asking for is possible via the  following ways only in Rollbase Hosted cloud

- You are an ISV Partner in which case what Orchid said above is your way forward

- You have two tenants in rollbase.com (one for development and one for production) and you can then leverage the export/import application functionality to keep the applications in sync.

Note that as an ISV Partner you get a private app directory which helps you to publish your application changes across all your customers.

OR

You could move to Rollbase Private Cloud which does away with all limitations that you are seeing.

Posted by matman on 25-Nov-2014 03:43

Okay, so to still be able to do so, I would have to make two accounts. One account that develops the application and one account that uses the application and receives updates?

Unfortunately hosting Rollbase privately is not an option, so that means I'd have to become ISV? What is the pricing for this?

Posted by Santosh Patel on 25-Nov-2014 03:47

Yes (one account to develop and one to act as the live production instance)

You can view our pricing details here... www.progress.com/.../rollbase-hosted-cloud

This thread is closed